Xmas kickin' Ass, takin' names | Syracusefan.com

Xmas kickin' Ass, takin' names

there are some kids you find yourself really pulling for to do well - Rak is one of those guys. And I think Rak is the kinda person that will help many others to be successful along the way - I know I am really rooting for him..
same with Baye last year - although he didn't have the talent Rak has.

Where would the Orange have been without him?

Remember Rak the next time you hear someone talking about the "importance" of "swagger" or other such nonsense.
He comes to do the job. Period.
Whether it's play ball or get his degree.
No nonsense...much like some of the best players who ever stepped on the court.

Here's to a long successful NBA career.

My daughter and I watched the game. Roc did everything out there. Fraschilla and the other guy were gushing about him. I think he opened a lot of eyes with his ability to knock down the foul line jumper. He really boosted his stock. He did a really solid interview too. I'll be shocked if he's still around for the late first round. If he is, he'll be the steal of the draft.

Christmas will be a 2nd round pick, but he's helped himself a lot this weekend so far. Could go as high as 32 to Houston IMO. If not there, probably somewhere in the 40s barring a trade-up if I had to guess.

At any rate, he's interviewed with Milwaukee, one other team that I can't think of, and is working out for the Pacers.

cough Joakim Noah cough

Honestly, why does he touch the ball every time on offense way up top? How does that help? I know he's a decent passing big man, but he can't drive and won't shoot from there so all he can do is pass, so it makes that incredibly easy to defend. Makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Honestly, why does he touch the ball every time on offense way up top? How does that help? I know he's a decent passing big man, but he can't drive and won't shoot from there so all he can do is pass, so it makes that incredibly easy to defend. Makes no sense whatsoever to me.

He never was this bad. I'm not sure if it's injuries, but hes completely lost his offensive skills. Pretty much the same thing that happened to Kendrick Perkins about 5 years ago.

Where would the Orange have been without him?

Remember Rak the next time you hear someone talking about the "importance" of "swagger" or other such nonsense.
He comes to do the job. Period.
Whether it's play ball or get his degree.
No nonsense...much like some of the best players who ever stepped on the court.

Here's to a long successful NBA career.

Great post. Hard work, quietly.

We were so bad offensively and lost offensively pretty much except for Rak but still I had friends who weren't SU fans turning on SU games to see Rak play.

We were so bad offensively and lost offensively pretty much except for Rak but still I had friends who weren't SU fans turning on SU games to see Rak play.

He really put together an amazing year. One of the best low post years we've ever had -- certainly from a center. Its a shame that we had to over-utilize him so much due to abject lack of depth, because I feel like he wore down a bit over the course of the season. But there is no doubt in my mind that Rak's play this year stacks up with any center ever to don Orange and play on the hill. He was that good.