Xmas kickin' Ass, takin' names | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Xmas kickin' Ass, takin' names

He really put together an amazing year. One of the best low post years we've ever had -- certainly from a center. Its a shame that we had to over-utilize him so much due to abject lack of depth, because I feel like he wore down a bit over the course of the season. But there is no doubt in my mind that Rak's play this year stacks up with any center ever to don Orange and play on the hill. He was that good.

No question. Especially with all the factors working against him like you mention. Special Orangeman.

Outstanding. Degree in three!
Dang straight!
s599KIb.gif

Christmas will be a 2nd round pick, but he's helped himself a lot this weekend so far. Could go as high as 32 to Houston IMO. If not there, probably somewhere in the 40s barring a trade-up if I had to guess.

At any rate, he's interviewed with Milwaukee, one other team that I can't think of, and is working out for the Pacers.
don't believe it. u have been listening to people I forgot more than they know. hes big. has hands ;can run. shoot.and commands a double team. his only draw back is he a tavern leaguer. after yesterday hell interview with ten teams

Now that he is no longer tied to team play and he is now on his own "the man" he is showing off what he can really do. My only complaint with Boeheim over the years is that he limited some, not all but some players as to what he wanted them to do. Now that Rak is no longer limited he is letting it all hang out.

Ringostar57 said:
Now that he is no longer tied to team play and he is now on his own "the man" he is showing off what he can really do. My only complaint with Boeheim over the years is that he limited some, not all but some players as to what he wanted them to do. Now that Rak is no longer limited he is letting it all hang out.

He averaged the same pts/rbds in these scrimmages that he did for us last year.

You might have a case before that...

He averaged the same pts/rbds in these scrimmages that he did for us last year.

You might have a case before that...
That was against college teams this is against possible draftees......no team play support. He has to pretty much do what he has done on his own.

He's been letting it all hang out since November. Good on him for being great the last couple days, but you can't say it came out of nowhere.

Rak, given the right opportunity, will be in the NBA longer than any SU Draftee in this class and last.

I believe without a doubt that he'll have a longer career than Chris McCullough.

For Rak's sake, let's hope this isn't true.
He deserves better than the curse of the T-wolves.

"In its updated mock draft, however, DraftExpress moved Christmas all the way up to No. 36 where he would go to the Minnesota Timberwolves."

http://www.syracuse.com/sports/inde...rmance_at_nba_combine.html#incart_more_sports

drafted by the T-wolves = death sentence

Seriously, organization and what happens to SU players who go there.

On a somewhat unrelated and related note, Ricky Rubio is awful. Like he's just not good.

On a somewhat unrelated and related note, Ricky Rubio is awful. Like he's just not good.
Rubio is VERY good. He just can't shoot. Excellent defender, obviously a great floor general and passer...just cant shoot.

Rubio is VERY good. He just can't shoot. Excellent defender, obviously a great floor general and passer...just cant shoot.

He's historically bad at shooting. Historically.

No one that bad at shooting can be very good.

He's historically bad at shooting. Historically.

No one that bad at shooting can be very good.
The guy takes less than 9 shots a game a averages over 10 points in 31 mpg. He is far from "not good". He plays his role, which historically was never scoring. Historically. He is very close to Rondo as far as efficiency and stats. Rondo shoots better from 2 and worse from 3, Rubio much better from the line. Both slightly over a point per attempt. Stats are nearly identical across the board. So...Rondo is/was "not good"?

This is awful, Flynn had essentially a career ending injury and Wes Johnson is just not a very good nba player. That really isn't on the Twolves even though they do suck.

OttoMets said:
Great post. Hard work, quietly.
we all know you can't improve draft status by staying in school and developing