Xmas kickin' Ass, takin' names | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Xmas kickin' Ass, takin' names

we all know you can't improve draft status by staying in school and developing

Yes because that's been said around here... You pro 4 year guys will just make up stuff to make yourself look right when in fact you're trying to hammer a false statement.

Kudos to you, and btw if you can find link me to a quote of somebody who said that Ill be happy to donate $44 dollars to the charity of your choice.

John Wall, Rondo.

Rondo and Wall shoot better than Rubio by about 6-7% for their careers if I have it correct.

So not only that, Rondo was an elite defender and Wall is good to very good defender.

I can go on. I can't believe anyone thinks Rubio is even remotely in the same class as Wall is and as Rondo was.

Rondo is garbage and has always been garbage. Look what he did to Dallas this year.

Rondo is garbage and has always been garbage. Look what he did to Dallas this year.
Disagree. Rondo was GREAT on those Garnett/Pierce/Allen Celtic teams. He has the personality of a rattlesnake & no jumper to speak of, but to say he's "always been garbage" is nonsensical.

Disagree. Rondo was GREAT on those Garnett/Pierce/Allen Celtic teams. He has the personality of a rattlesnake & no jumper to speak of, but to say he's "always been garbage" is nonsensical.

Honestly, been a celtics fan all my life, and in the early stages of his career...Rondo benefitted astronomically from playing with Pierce, Big Ticket and Allen. Those guys dominate every asset of the game, whatever guard was on those teams was gonna average basically a double double.

Honestly, been a celtics fan all my life, and in the early stages of his career...Rondo benefitted astronomically from playing with Pierce, Big Ticket and Allen. Those guys dominate every asset of the game, whatever guard was on those teams was gonna average basically a double double.
The man was the starting PG on a contender & eventual champion Celts team, so that alone means he HASN'T "always been garbage".
And all of the Big 3 had played w/ other PG's, had had great careers, but hadn't won a championship...until they came together in Beantown. Rondo was the right player at the right time for that team. JMHO

The man was the starting PG on a contender & eventual champion Celts team, so that alone means he HASN'T "always been garbage".
And all of the Big 3 had played w/ other PG's, had had great careers, but hadn't won a championship...until they came together in Beantown. Rondo was the right player at the right time for that team. JMHO
Valid point. I honestly believe Chalmers or some other mediocre point guard could've done just as well though.

It's easy to look good when your role is pass the ball to one of the 3 HoFers

Hey, if Etan Thomas could make it in the NBA, why not Christmas? He's certainly just as athletic. I don't think Thomas was much bigger and skill wise, I feel like Christmas has better post moves.

I was amazed by his left handed shots this season. I think Rak is a brainiac. He knows what he needs to do to compete. He was talking about improving his jump-shot before the combine. It's really paid off.

Rak is improving in my mind as one of my favorite players in Orange history. He has such a great story behind his career. If he get's drafted late first round by a potential playoff team that would so awesome! It will be by far the best thing that came out of the 2014-15 season. JB said he thinks Rak will have a long NBA career. He's a got a pretty good eye for evaluating talent. I wish, hope, and pray Rak the greatest success!!

Hey, if Etan Thomas could make it in the NBA, why not Christmas? He's certainly just as athletic. I don't think Thomas was much bigger and skill wise, I feel like Christmas has better post moves.

defense

Regarding Rubio, I still think he's a good player with a chance to be great. He's REALLY struggled to stay healthy, but when healthy, he's great at everything but scoring, and he still has a very positive effect on the offense regardless of his scoring inabilities.

I was amazed by his left handed shots this season. I think Rak is a brainiac. He knows what he needs to do to compete. He was talking about improving his jump-shot before the combine. It's really paid off.

Rak is improving in my mind as one of my favorite players in Orange history. He has such a great story behind his career. If he get's drafted late first round by a potential playoff team that would so awesome! It will be by far the best thing that came out of the 2014-15 season. JB said he thinks Rak will have a long NBA career. He's a got a pretty good eye for evaluating talent. I wish, hope, and pray Rak the greatest success!!

JB is amazing at judging talent at the high school and college level, pros, ehh, not so much. I question is ability constantly with some of the comments he makes about players at the next level.

Id love Rak to have a long nba career but I just don't see it in his cards.

JB is amazing at judging talent at the high school and college level, pros, ehh, not so much. I question is ability constantly with some of the comments he makes about players at the next level.

Regardless of JB's opinion I think Rak has a real chance to be in the league for a long stretch. I'm not saying he will be a star or even a regular starter ever but just about every playoff team this year could have used Rak on their roster and he'd have helped them. No matter what he can defend the rim, run the floor, rebound and score near the rim. I don't think its much of a stretch to think he could last in the league for 8 years as a backup front line player who plays some 4 and some 5. I actually think he could blossom into a very important role/bench player in the NBA but he can at least, as is provide quality front line depth for quite a few years if healthy. You have to remember the biggest reason he is not projected as a late lottery or mid first round pick is his age which has nothing to do with his actual ability to play basketball productively. Imagine him on a team where he isn't the focus of the defense but still plays aggressive assertive offense when he receives the ball. I think he could really benefit from getting easy looks in the NBA.

Last edited:

Glen Davis got 15 minutes a game at the 4 and 5 in the playoffs for the Clippers. Clint Capela is the backup 5 for Houston getting 10 minutes a game. Festus Ezili is getting time at the backup 5 for Golden State. Roc is more talented than any of those 3 players. If he can play offense and defense in the pick and roll he will carve out a nice career.

From article on Syracuse.com:

"NBADraft.net projects Christmas to be selected No.33 overall by the Boston Celtics, just missing out on being a first-round pick."

If Rak can't make it into 1st round, then I'd love to see Celtics take him - my 2 favorite basketball teams!

The thing is he's really smart. And smart people are very crafty. I think he's got a very good chance for a very long career.

The thing is he's really smart. And smart people are very crafty. I think he's got a very good chance for a very long career.
I think Rak could def stick as a back up PF/C in the NBA. I mean guys like Glen Davis and Jared Sullinger can do it so why not Rak?

I think Rak could def stick as a back up PF/C in the NBA. I mean guys like Glen Davis and Jared Sullinger can do it so why not Rak?

Exactly and the two you mention are shorter, with less reach and both play below the rim. I will grant that both Sullinger and Davis have much more developed and reliable jumpers. Rak however is bigger, longer and much more athletic than them.