Ya'll ready for the cold? | Syracusefan.com

Ya'll ready for the cold?

I think I was the only person in Manhattan this morning not wearing a jacket.

you dont say.png

snow 1.jpg

TigerTown said:
Supposed to get down in the lower 50s. I know last year you guys were really worried about our ability to handle the humidity of the dome...figure we should be so kind as to warn you of the extreme temperature forecasted for tomorrow night. :cool:

That humidity thing got blown out of proportion. And it wasn't that hot on that particular Sat. I know you guys think you're being cute, but it does get pretty hot and humid in there on a 80+ degree day outside - it can feel 90+ with 90% humidity rather quickly. And I don't care where you're from, that's not fun to play in.

50 degrees up here is shorts weather.

Interesting. Does your stadium get as loud as the Carrier Dome? ;)

That humidity thing got blown out of proportion. And it wasn't that hot on that particular Sat. I know you guys think you're being cute, but it does get pretty hot and humid in there on a 80+ degree day outside - it can feel 90+ with 90% humidity rather quickly. And I don't care where you're from, that's not fun to play in.

It was such a dreary day that day. Chilly for October, really.

I know you think you're being cute when you suggest 90 and 90+ humidity is something a team from SC is not accustomed to. lol...it's all good.

Interesting. Does your stadium get as loud as the Carrier Dome? ;)

It would be silly to suggest a place w/o a roof could come close to the noise in the Carrier Dome, just silly.

Cuse humidity/heat index is literally nothing compared to Atlanta. And Ive heard SC is worse than Atl.

Cuse humidity/heat index is literally nothing compared to Atlanta. And Ive heard SC is worse than Atl.

Dude...Columbia is worse. Somehow that section of Columbia down to Macon will just cook and is 10 degrees hotter plus always well over 100% humidity (I understand not possible, but if you have been there...it has to be happening).

Dude...Columbia is worse. Somehow that section of Columbia down to Macon will just cook and is 10 degrees hotter plus always well over 100% humidity (I understand not possible, but if you have been there...it has to be happening).

yeah, thats what ive heard... columbia... its like a suana

I had seen this in a previous post on the board but saved it as it has a grain of truth.

SYRACUSE'S TEMPERATURE CONVERSION CHART

60° F: Arizonans shiver uncontrollably; people in Syracuse are still sunbathing.
50° F:
Californians try to turn on the heat; people in Syracuse plant gardens.
40° F:
Italian sports cars won't start; people in Syracuse drive with the windows down.
32° F:
Distilled water freezes; Onondaga Lake water gets thicker.
20° F:
Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves and wool hats; people in Syracuse throw on a light jacket.
15° F:
People in Syracuse have the last cookout before it gets cold.
0° F:
All the people in Phoenix die. Syracusans close the windows.
10° below zero:
Californians fly away to Mexico . The Girl Scouts in Syracuse are selling cookies door to door.
25° below zero:
Hollywood disintegrates; people in Syracuse get out their winter coats.
40° below zero:
Washington, DC runs out of hot air; people in Syracuse let the dogs sleep indoors.
100° below zero:
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Syracusans get frustrated because they can't start their snowblowers.
460° below zero:
All atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin scale); people in Syracuse start saying, 'cold 'nuff for ya?'
500° below zero:
Hell freezes over. The Pitt Panthers make the Final Four.

Used to have practices for semi-pro ball in August in New Orleans.You want to feel heat/humidity?Try that.

Probably from all the body odor.

Am I right?

Yes sir...and while I have a healthy hate for our rival in that town, even putting that aside - that town is just an absolute arm pit. Upstate SC is beautiful (mountains, rolling hills, etc.), the low state speaks for itself w/ the beaches from south to north. Gap in the middle though is just terrible.

I don't know how accurate it was, but the thermometer in my truck read 108 when I got in after our first home game this year. That was pure misery. The area under the stands looked like a refugee camp.

This is where I really applaud fans in the Southeast. I love whiskey but anything over 80 degrees is purely beer weather for me yet in the SE the booze keeps rolling past 100.

Had friends who used to live in Colombia and we'd drive down to visit every year, in July or Aug. That place is ridiculous. I didn't even want to go outside at night. The town is hole too.

Spent 10 days in Charleston end of August moving my son there for a job. It was 103 degrees 3 days in a row. Miserable. And the humidity didn't help either. Ugh