Yankees in the midst of an epic choke job. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Yankees in the midst of an epic choke job.

Because the Yankees have never bought players...

I have a problem with the collusion when it comes to trades. The Yankees and everybody else.

In terms of what teams have to give up. The Blue Jays gave up nothing I REPEAT NOTHING for Price and Tulo.

The Yankees would have to give up their entire farm system for just one of them.

I have a problem with the collusion when it comes to trades. The Yankees and everybody else.

In terms of what teams have to give up. The Blue Jays gave up nothing I REPEAT NOTHING for Price and Tulo.

The Yankees would have to give up their entire farm system for just one of them.
Jose Reyes is NOTHING?
Daniel Norris only a top 10 SP prospect is NOTHING?
Matt Boyd who is a legit MLB prospect w./6 years of control is NOTHING?
Jairo Labourt is a legit bullpen arm w/ 6 years of control is NOTHING?

Yeah you really analyze with facts. The Yankees wouldn't have to give up their farm system. Collusion? Yeah.

Some people just have no idea.

The Jays are awesome though. They've been one of the best teams by run differential all year. I didn't think they'd be able to make up the 7.5 game gap, but they already have. I think the Jays will win the division by 2 or 3 games, but the Yanks should be ok for the wild card. Big drop off, falling into a one game playoff.

I think the AL playoffs end up like
Astros/Yankees @ Royals
Angels @ Blue Jays

NL
Cubs/Pirates @ Cardinals
Mets @ Dodgers

Astros/Yankees @ Royals
Angels @ Blue Jays

NL
Cubs/Pirates @ Cardinals
Mets @ Dodgers

Blue Jays Vs. Royals would make a great ALCS, they hate each other.

Astros/Yankees @ Royals
Angels @ Blue Jays

NL
Cubs/Pirates @ Cardinals
Mets @ Dodgers

Mets are only a game behidn the Dodgers; would be amazing if they could finish ahead of them and get home field...and then still have to face Greinke and Kershaw.

Mets-Dodgers may set the record for fewest runs in a 5 game series.
Harvey/De Grom/Syndergaard/Colon vs. Kershaw/Greinke/Wood/Latos

Mets-Dodgers may set the record for fewest runs in a 5 game series.
Harvey/De Grom/Syndergaard/Colon vs. Kershaw/Greinke/Wood/Latos

Better be Niese over Colon, but yes. That's some incredible front line pitching; I think the Mets have the advantage with the 3-4 guys.

Epic choke job would be something like up 14 games in mid July and then losing the pennant in a one game playoff in your home ballpark when some weak hitting shortstop pops one over the wall for the go ahead runs.

Epic choke job would be something like up 14 games in mid July and then losing the pennant in a one game playoff in your home ballpark when some weak hitting shortstop pops one over the wall for the go ahead runs.
No no an epic choke job would be losing a series when your team is up 3 games to 0 games and leading in the bottom of 9th inning by 1 run in game 4 and then going on to lose that game and the next 3 games.
Thus, becoming the first team in MLB history to lose a series when up 3-0 and losing the 6th and 7th games at home.
That is an epic choke job.

I will say I was around Royals fans during the ASG they are insane for their team. I actually like their team, but that fanbase takes any slight very seriously.

Toronto is hot right now but their rotation behind Price is still a question mark. Their lineup is the best in baseball I believe.

To clear this up.

Blue jays traded 3 highly regarded prospects and near All Star SS Jose Reyes for Tulo and a 40+ (though saucey) LaTroy Hawkins.

The also traded another three highly regarded prospects that will be the building blocks for the Detroit Tigers bullpen/starting rotation for only 1 guaranteed year with Price.

No no an epic choke job would be losing a series when your team is up 3 games to 0 games and leading in the bottom of 9th inning by 1 run in game 4 and then going on to lose that game and the next 3 games.
Thus, becoming the first team in MLB history to lose a series when up 3-0 and losing the 6th and 7th games at home.
That is an epic choke job.

Blame it on the scoreboard guy.

To clear this up.

Blue jays traded 3 highly regarded prospects and near All Star SS Jose Reyes for Tulo and a 40+ (though saucey) LaTroy Hawkins.

The also traded another three highly regarded prospects that will be the building blocks for the Detroit Tigers bullpen/starting rotation for only 1 guaranteed year with Price.
It's all worth it when they win the World Series this year. Lol let's avoid the wildcard first...

To clear this up.

wake me up when anything of those guys make an all star game. They gave up nothing.

FYI, I'm gonna laugh when my Yankees end up with Price in the off-season and the Blue Jays fall short of the world series.

And we held onto all of our top prospects.

FYI, I'm gonna laugh when my Yankees end up with Price in the off-season and the Blue Jays fall short of the world series.

i thought you said we didn't give up anything?

Ok den.

The Yankees didn't want to pay scherzer, I don't think they want to give any long term deals to a pitcher that is nearing 30.

I do find it amusing that many fans and media members have embraced the Blue Jays for being all of the things that they used to hate about the Yankees.

Funny how I found myself thinking the same thing. :)

wake me up when anything of those guys make an all star game. They gave up nothing.

Well Reyes has played in 4 of them and it's not like the yankees prospects are locks to be any good.

But i dont know why I'm bothering

I would love CuseHulk's analysis of when the Mets traded Carlos Beltran STRAIGHT UP for a pitching prospect by the name of Zack Wheeler.
How can you trade a former MVP candidate for pitching prospect.
Or when the Cleveland Indians traded Cy Young winner Bartolo Colon to the Montreal Expos for 3 unknown prospects Grady Sizemore, Cliff Lee, and Brandon Philips.

Wake me up when they did anything.

I would love CuseHulk's analysis of when the Mets traded Carlos Beltran STRAIGHT UP for a pitching prospect by the name of Zack Wheeler.
How can you trade a former MVP candidate for pitching prospect.
Or when the Cleveland Indians traded Cy Young winner Bartolo Colon to the Montreal Expos for 3 unknown prospects Grady Sizemore, Cliff Lee, and Brandon Philips.

Wake me up when they did anything.
How about the Mets trading CY Young winner R.A. Dickey for Noah Syndergaard and Travis d'Arnaud. Mets got fleeced!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom