Yankees new hitting coach has a big job ahead of him | Syracusefan.com

Yankees new hitting coach has a big job ahead of him

CaliCuse

All American
Didi started swinging for the fences late in the season. He has to be very content on getting his overall BA rising . this will include enough extra base hits like doubles and triples with his speed. The ocassional home run will come naturally. His offense this past season was excellent considering his terrible start. Cockerel will need to help headley as well. It seems as though Brett Gardner was suffering from a sprained right wrist which greatly affected his hitting after the All-Star break.Depending on the off season decisions yet to come. It would seem that the Yanks will pick up offense with some minor adjustments and healthy players.A 39 year old Beltran remains a "?" as does A-Rod.Who knows if he can come close to this pas year's numbers at the plate? Tex once again is coming back from an injury and there have been no reports that I've seen regarding his leg.At least they have Greg Bird that can fill in for Tex after he goes down again. The guy is predictable as far as injuries are concerned. I figure by July he will be limping or on the DL

Certainly you realize that that aging, undisciplined rag tag bunch was second in MLB runs scored in 2015, right? I know, we need more small ball...

Certainly you realize that that aging, undisciplined rag tag bunch was second in MLB runs scored in 2015, right? I know, we need more small ball...
I've been ranting for a while now that Joe does employ "small ball near enough. Moving base runners. Too many of these players can't dependably and consistently lay down a decent bunt. This includes Brett and Didi who have the kind of speed that encourages rushing by the fielder and resulting in errors.When the lead off batter gets to 2nd base with no outs ,THAT BASE -RUNNER MUST "SCORE".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom