Yanks-Bosox what will happen? | Syracusefan.com

Yanks-Bosox what will happen?

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
CC, Hughes & Burnett vs Lackey, Beckett & Lester

Will the Sox continue their domination of the Bombers and stretch their lead to 4.5?

My prediction Boston sweeps

(Negative rooting & reverse karma);)

I won't make a prediction, but I've got to think Sabathia is due for a good game against the Sox.

Several MVP candidates will be on display in this series (e.g., Granderson, Ellsbury, Pedroia, Gonzalez).

I think how Hughes and Burnett pitch in this series might go a long way in determining if they start any games in the postseason.

I won't make a prediction, but I've got to think Sabathia is due for a good game against the Sox.

Several MVP candidates will be on display in this series (e.g., Granderson, Ellsbury, Pedroia, Gonzalez).

I'm normally pretty optimistic as a sports fan. I thought CC was ready for a good start against the SOX the last series but was obviously disappointed. Boston just has NY's number this year, they've been getting up for these games and the Yanks haven't been. Here's to hoping that the Yankee bats come alive one night and the Yankees can avoid the sweep.

Who knows though, if the pitching switches flip, which they definitely can, the Yanks may surprise B-Town this weekend -- I'm just curbing my expectations.

"I think how Hughes and Burnett pitch in this series might go a long way in determining if they start any games in the postseason."

I just cannot figure out why Girardi cannot get the pitching lined up better than this...

Yankees need a sweep here. I am tired of the Redsox having our number lately.

Sox own cc, its like its a mental thing for him. If the yanks can win the series i will be happy.

if nothin else atleast the sox will win 1 when they shell burnett

Aj sucks, ill chalk him up to the fact he cant handle the pressure of pitching for the yanks.

Aj sucks, ill chalk him up to the fact he cant handle the pressure of pitching for the yanks.
im a sox fan so i greatly look forward to that game :D

I'm sure it's a mental thing, but I'm not sure it is a pressure thing; as AJ has come through in some high pressure situations, particularly in the 2009 postseason.

Sox own cc, its like its a mental thing for him.
I don't buy the "sox own cc" thing. I think his bad days have happened to come when he was playing the Sox this year, and the Sox lineup makes it tougher for him to battle through those bad days.

I don't buy the "sox own cc" thing. I think his bad days have happened to come when he was playing the Sox this year, and the Sox lineup makes it tougher for him to battle through those bad days.

How many bad days does it take for you to undetstand?

he lost 4 games to the sox this year that i can remember, with a bad era against them. they got his number.
He lost his first start when he gave up 1 earned-run in 5 2/3 innings. It wasn't a great start, but it wasn't bad either. I would love for Burnett to have a day like that. Three bad starts out of four is too small of a sample for me to say the Sox own CC. If it rains on three Wednesdays in a row, does that mean it always rains on Wednesdays?

He lost his first start when he gave up 1 earned-run in 5 2/3 innings. It wasn't a great start, but it wasn't bad either. I would love for Burnett to have a day like that. Three bad starts out of four is too small of a sample for me to say the Sox own CC. If it rains on three Wednesdays in a row, does that mean it always rains on Wednesdays?

when you have 4 loses out of 7 to one team do you think thats good or did they figure him out? he bad 3 terrible starts against them , the most runs hes given up all year to one team. is that good to? im a yankees fan and i say they got his number.

Yankees will take 2 of 3. Burnett is tough, as soon as two people reach base in the same inning he loses his mind. He's fragile.

It was a struggle for Sabathia tonight, but he got through it. Thirteen baserunners in six innings is pretty scary, but he countered that with ten strikeouts. It definitely didn't look like he was "owned." If the Yanks can finish and get him the win, hopefully people can put the CC/Sox talk to rest for awhile.

Solid outing for CC. He had control issues but somehow he is in good position to get a win and only managed to give up a couple runs.

Ortiz is so quick on his feet! They should just pinch run for him this late in a game.