Yanks contact C.J. Wilson | Syracusefan.com

Yanks contact C.J. Wilson

OrangeOnions

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
In touch with Roy o too - how do even think about signing a pitcher with two bad disks in his back. Then again cash did spend tons on AJ.

Not a very good market this year for pitchers - may see a trade, but they between not deal Jesus.

Yu would help.

One thing to keep in mind about CJ Wilson, this was still just his second season as a starter, and he threw a ton of innings. It's no real surprise that he started to break down toward the end of the year; his arm just still isn't used to all of that work.

In touch with Roy o too - how do even think about signing a pitcher with two bad disks in his back. Then again cash did spend tons on AJ.

Not a very good market this year for pitchers - may see a trade, but they between not deal Jesus.

Yu would help.
I want Jesus to stay. I like young prospects with excitement like Montero When he comes to the plate,it fun to within swing .At this time he strikes out a bit much but his ability to go to right field makes him dangerous. As for pitching i'm guessing CJ will be a Yankee and at least one farm kid makes it up the ladder. Phelps or Banuelos are my two favorites at this time. There are other possibilities now that Mitre is gone. Garcia might get signed but Colon probably will not. Too old and fat.Chavez should retire but its a guess as to when. His glove is still OK but his bat has emptied out of quality production. I like Laird as the alternate third baseman. Young with glove and bat.

Guess they have been in touch with Jackson and his lovely agent Scott boras too.

I don't know if the young farm hands are ready to make the jump just yet but Betances and Banuelos definitely seem to have the makings of future good ones.

Guess they have been in touch with Jackson and his lovely agent Scott boras too.

I don't know if the young farm hands are ready to make the jump just yet but Betances and Banuelos definitely seem to have the makings of future good ones.
Thats why they hav spring training among other reasons it gives the kids a chance to compete and win jobs. Don't count Phelps out either.

According to ESPN's Buster Olney, it's "highly unlikely" the Yankees make a serious run at free agent left-hander Mark Buehrle. Olney writes that the Yankees checked in with Buehrle's agent on Tuesday as a matter of due diligence, something they have also done with the agent for C.J. Wilson and Roy Oswalt.

http://twitter.com/#!/Buster_ESPN/status/134057922522120192

Down here in the Dallas area, there is a strong feeling Oswalt will wind up with the Rangers. However, if CJ sticks around it'll be mainly because of his love of the area and his teammates. I don't expect him to stay in Texas, however. I know ESPN the Mag predicted he'd wind up in Washington, but I expect him to be playing for NY or Boston next year.

According to ESPN's Buster Olney, it's "highly unlikely" the Yankees make a serious run at free agent left-hander Mark Buehrle. Olney writes that the Yankees checked in with Buehrle's agent on Tuesday as a matter of due diligence, something they have also done with the agent for C.J. Wilson and Roy Oswalt.

http://twitter.com/#!/Buster_ESPN/status/134057922522120192

My guess is that Buehrle will Ozzie down in Florida. Wouldn't be a bad addition although I'm not real sure how their relationship is. Josh Johnson > Mark Buehrle > Anibal Sanchez > Chris Volstad > Hand?/Nolasco?/Vasquez? You know they're going to make a few moves to help sell some seats in their new stadium.

As for C.J. Wilson...I for one am very against him for the amount of $$ he's going to require. As much as I'd like to shore up the rotation now...I'd rather wait than be stuck with another Burnett/Pavano/etc.

Reyes39 totally agree with the Buehrle move to south beach. I still don't know why the marlins are courting Jose Reyes when they have Hanley. If they do get Reyes then they lose all leverage for a trade with Hanley.

As a Yankee fan I would stay away from Wilson due to the money and amount of years he wants. I would take a flier on Justin Duchscherer at a discount. When he's healthy he's lights out but he just hasn't been healthy the past couple years. If the Indians don't exercise their option on Carmona I would take a look at him as he had his best years with CC in Cleveland and has the potential to be very good but struggles with location of his sinker.