Yanks in the process of releasing Brackman | Syracusefan.com

Yanks in the process of releasing Brackman

CaliCuse

All American
Not picking up his option gives him freedom to shop around Could be his big break or a Yankee mistake We should know next year which it is. Yanks are putting a lot of eggs in zbthe Betances basket and perhaps Banuelos. Banuelos might be a stretch. His performance at the AA level wasn't dominating IMO He is a lefty which gives him somewhat of an advantage in Yankeeland.:noidea:

Brackman had a 6.00 ERA and 75/75 K/BB ratio in 96 innings this season at SWB.

Banuelos had a 3.58 ERA and a 94/46 K/BB ratio in 95 innings at Trenton, and a 4.19 ERA, 31/19 in 34 innings at SWB.

I think you might be selling ManBan a little short. He's only 20 and has 3 "plus" pitches at his disposal.

I commend the Yanks for taking the hunt for prospects seriously once again, but at the same time, it stinks that the rest of baseball has to listen to the hype those prospects generate.

Off the top of my head I think Brackman has had like one good half-season in his minor league career. He was a good gamble at the end of the first round a while back, but should not have been getting the pub he was receiving going into 2011. Banuelos can be disgusting, and is young enough to fight through all of those walks. He doesn't have size on his side though, so at some point you have to decide if you are going to try and let him be the next Johan, or move him to the pen and see if he becomes the next Rivera... all that goes down the toilet if his control doesn't improve though. Betances might be the best overall package, but he's older than Banuelos and features the same control issues. I still think he can be a stud, but I think his early-career injuries have definitely slowed him down and he doesn't even look close to ready. I like Jairo Heredia as a sleeper arm in the system, but he's another guy that has been brittle as a youngster, needs to stay healthy, but if he can he might rocket through the system.

I think you might be selling ManBan a little short. He's only 20 and has 3 "plus" pitches at his disposal.
Actually I'm not selling him at all. I like the potential and his chances for next year. Whether Brackman makes it all is the real crapshoot IMO I think the Yanks will go after CJ and the Japanese kid Darku(sic?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom