Yanks sign Andy Pettitte to a 1 year minor league deal | Syracusefan.com

Yanks sign Andy Pettitte to a 1 year minor league deal

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
http://twitter.com/#!/JackCurryYES/status/180692407279562752

Jack Curry of the YES Network reports that Pettitte admitted three weeks ago that he was considering a comeback and has now decided to follow through with it. He'll earn $2.5 million and will work his way up through the minors initially before eventually likely bumping either Phil Hughes or Freddy Garcia from the rotation.

http://twitter.com/#!/JackCurryYES/status/180692407279562752

Jack Curry of the YES Network reports that Pettitte admitted three weeks ago that he was considering a comeback and has now decided to follow through with it. He'll earn $2.5 million and will work his way up through the minors initially before eventually likely bumping either Phil Hughes or Freddy Garcia from the rotation.
That is awesome.

Pettitte is my all-time favorite player. Hope it works out for him.

Hope he still something left in the tank!

Hope he still something left in the tank!

does this mean we as yankee fans should be worried about Pinieda ? I love having andy back, but what does this mean for pinieda we gave up montero for this dude

does this mean we as yankee fans should be worried about Pinieda ? I love having andy back, but what does this mean for pinieda we gave up montero for this dude

When Andy is ready to come up from SWB, Hughes goes back to the pen, and Garcia could be trade bait.

They can also move Nova back down to the minors.

It's great that there will be no rush for him to get ready. Until some injuries happen, his services won't even be needed at the Triple-A level.

It's great that there will be no rush for him to get ready. Until some injuries happen, his services won't even be needed at the Triple-A level.

They better need him ... SWB is playing some of their home games in Syracuse this season.

Always liked Andy but wish he had stayed retired. The Yankees have no urgent need for him and this just creates an unnecessary sideshow, IMO. So much for spending more time with the family.

... SWB is playing some of their home games in Syracuse this season.
Living in Rochester, I am excited about the traveling "Empire State Yankees." There is going to be lots of baseball at Frontier Field this year. I'm hoping to catch the team in Batavia, Buffalo, and Syracuse as well.