Yanks vs Boston- no Jeter and lots of kids | Syracusefan.com

Yanks vs Boston- no Jeter and lots of kids

CaliCuse

All American
Let the auditions begin. Peralta is getting his first shot at second base. I like to see kids get opportunities. I always have o believe how bad can they be in comparison to the veterans who are barely batting over .200. I would have included Roller at first base for a late season look.Texhasrepeated sad lately that he welcomes th off season to get stronger. Lets hope that works out for him without injury

2nd base

Let the auditions begin. Peralta is getting his first shot at second base. I like to see kids get opportunities. I always have o believe how bad can they be in comparison to the veterans who are barely batting over .200. I would have included Roller at first base for a late season look.Texhasrepeated sad lately that he welcomes th off season to get stronger. Lets hope that works out for him without injury

2nd base

Sadly I think the veterans are needed to support tickets sales. You've got to have headliners, especially in NY. Who do the Yankees have left with Jeter retiring? Teixeira, Ellsbury, McCann, ARod? I'm not a big fan of any of those guys as your high priced core.

Two more years of Tex at $23 million per.
Two more years of Beltran at $15 million per.
Three more years of ARod at $21 million plus per.
Four more years of McCann at $17 million per.
Five more years of Ellsbury at $21 million.

Pretty limited return on your $97 million over the next two years. I'd say Cashman has a lot of work to do. If they get their pitchers healthy, they may be strong in the starting rotation but even that is contingent on people getting and staying healthy. Tanaka, Sabathia, Nova, Pineda all missed significant portions of the season this year. Kuroda has been one of their most consistent arms over the last 3 seasons and its unclear, at his age, whether they will bring him back.