Yeah I'm gonna say it | Syracusefan.com

Yeah I'm gonna say it

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCSUGrad

All Conference
Told you so.

Oh ye of little faith. Little faith in JB, MH, the team and support staff and the fan base composed of die hards who don't anticipate doom and gloom based on a few losses to hated rivals, for many of whom beating SU is a highlight of their season.

Anticipating gloom and doom when the team still had a WINNING record, despite the fact that ALL college basketball is chaotic, as best exemplified by the fact that, of the current top 10, 3 are not P-5, and #1 is still Nova.

Heck, in one poll UNC -Wilmington got a few votes, though of course not enough to crack the top 25.

And anticipating gloom and doom when at least some players are out with injuries or playing while lame. Hopefully the lame ones don't worsen with the difficulty of play (meaning Lydon. Coleman is hardly playing at all, because of the knees I expect.)

Ok, lecture over. Go Orange all the way, or as far as they are able to go. I love them regardless.

And most of you as well.

SUball

Told you so.

Oh ye of little faith. Little faith in JB, MH, the team and support staff and the fan base composed of die hards who don't anticipate doom and gloom based on a few losses to hated rivals, for many of whom beating SU is a highlight of their season.

Anticipating gloom and doom when the team still had a WINNING record, despite the fact that ALL college basketball is chaotic, as best exemplified by the fact that, of the current top 10, 3 are not P-5, and #1 is still Nova.

Heck, in one poll UNC -Wilmington got a few votes, though of course not enough to crack the top 25.

And anticipating gloom and doom when at least some players are out with injuries or playing while lame. Hopefully the lame ones don't worsen with the difficulty of play (meaning Lydon. Coleman is hardly playing at all, because of the knees I expect.)

Ok, lecture over. Go Orange all the way, or as far as they are able to go. I love them regardless.

And most of you as well.

SUball

This was an amazing day to be a Syracuse fan, but we still have a lot of work to do to even be within sight of the bubble. But we're certainly headed in the right direction and have another fantastic opportunity against VT to get a Top 50 RPI road win.

Mea Culpa! I was entirely wrong! This team is now looking pretty darn good...at least these 6 guys are!

I was partially right though. When we play great defense, we are a very tough out!

I was so wrong. Anything less than another Final Four should be considered a failure now that we've won two games in a row.

Silly person. That's not what I said or even implied.

See the phrase "Go Orange, all the way, or as far as they are able to go." That might only be the NIT or a lesser tournament, or none at all if the injury bug bites us even worse than now.

I hope ur right but it's just two games - and there are going to be plenty of games where we aren't killing it from 3 like today - hard to believe Howard alone is the reason we got beat by the likes of UCONN and St. Johns

I hope ur right but it's just two games - and there are going to be plenty of games where we aren't killing it from 3 like today - hard to believe Howard alone is the reason we got beat by the likes of UCONN and St. Johns

Shows the importance of the point guard position. That mixed with Roberson are the reason we lost games.

Told you so.

And most of you as well.

SUball
I will have an extra large piece of crow which I will eat if I can get my foot out of my mouth for Boeheim comments

See the phrase "Go Orange, all the way, or as far as they are able to go." That might only be the NIT or a lesser tournament, or none at all if the injury bug bites us even worse than now.

But if we go to the NIT or a lesser tournament, then weren't we correct not to have faith in the staff this year? Having a winning record isn't an accomplishment for our standards.

The "I told you so" was more in reference to our coaching staff. This staff put a really good team together in what was starting off to be a difficult year, with difficult circumstances with this team. Kudos goes to said coaching staff for working through it and figuring it out. This is all on the coaches at this point. This is what the op was referring to. Not that we are going to necessarily win a NC, but let's not take that off the table yet either. yes there is work to do, and we have injuries that are a huge factor. But I agree this is another example of why JB is such a good coach. Do I still think he is near his end, and should go enjoy his kids, yes. But lets clearly give credit here where credit is due. And we don't know how much Hopkins was involved with this, for all who want him gone also.

I have become very fond of this song last year, and it has NOTHING to do with SU basketball or football for that matter. But a lot to do with numerous hospital admissions and assorted crapola that made 2016 "Mi vida es una telenovela" (The English doesn't work because American soap operas are very different from telenovelas.)

2017 is already looking better, though my monetary woes continue.

But if we go to the NIT or a lesser tournament, then weren't we correct not to have faith in the staff this year? Having a winning record isn't an accomplishment for our standards.
It's the injuries that are haunting us IMO now more than the staff.

Conor McGregor put it best when he addressed Jeremy Stephens at a big UFC presser:

Who the fook is THAT guy (gal)?

Why are you all of a sudden getting all high and mighty, just curious?

For the record, the last two games, this has been a completely different team. Roles have changed entirely. JB admitted after the BC game that HE had no clue what to do or if the team he was sending out there would ever get it., especially on defense. He was pessimistic. He seemed resigned to our fate. The last two games, he's changed who we are playing and everyone's roles. He gutted the fish by eliminating a very bad influence on this team.

I bit my tongue when you went after RF in another thread, but you are now getting on a high horse in this thread too? Nope. Not going to work. Slow your roll.

It's the injuries that are haunting us IMO now more than the staff.

Laughable. Injury to Chukwu, who coudnt play at all? Coleman's knees barking? Okay, yeah, that's not great for depth but DC is not fitting into what we are trying to do now. I do hope he's okay, so we have some more depth. Still... Huh?

Laughable. Injury to Chukwu, who coudnt play at all? Coleman's knees barking? Okay, yeah, that's not great for depth but DC is not fitting into what we are trying to do now. I do hope he's okay, so we have some more depth. Still... Huh?

I'm not even sure if DCs knees make him unplayable. Just think he hasn't done well and has been benched like Roberson was.

I was wrong for 2 games, but it' still just two games.

I do eel much better for the next 15. But they still need to win at least 9 of those games to be a good bubble team, and that is one heck of a challenge.

I'm not even sure if DCs knees make him unplayable. Just think he hasn't done well and has been benched like Roberson was.

Yeah, probably right. We are putting our best players/ athletes out there. Was desperately trying to figure out the injury issue that was really impacting us. :bat:

Don't get it. We played two great games in a row with pretty much 5.5 guys.

JB needs to get the others on board and slide them into the rotation with success.

You're a long way away from "I told you so".
Sliding them in is fine. Sliding them in when one of those players might start mouthin off is a different issue

Let's wait till March to continue this, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom