Yeah I'm gonna say it

Discussion in 'Syracuse Basketball Board' started by NYCSUGrad, Jan 7, 2017.

1. CaptainJ

CaptainJ All American

I kid you not, I thought of you today after texting my brother a line from Mr Crowley(one of my all time favorites...playing it now). I wondered if this picture made you bitter?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    NYCSUGrad likes this.
  2. NYCSUGrad

NYCSUGrad Starter

Really?

Because I went back to SWCs post pre conference net points and saw that in 9 games Chuckwu averaged 8.4 net points in about 12 minutes per game. And averaged 10 rebounds a game and 5 blocks a game. Also 5 personal fouls, but for a freshman center that's understandable, especially on a team that refs LUV to call fouls indiscriminately on.

BUT I'm not quoting the stat line here because SWC said they were based on the 9 games Chuckwu was available for and not the actual 7 he played in, so if anything they might be better.

As for DC, he was looking terrific before his knees gave out. Lost weight, looked muscular, more stamina etc. Unfortunately the damage to the knees may be irreparable, in which case coaching, teaching and lecturing is probably a wonderful option for him, especially at the JHS or even elementary school level to start, teaching the extra tall and bulky kids how to protect their knees by avoiding his mistakes!

3. iommi

iommi Hall of Fame

Nope. Huge Randy Rhoads fan too. Brilliant guitarist. Tragic death.

721Comstock and CaptainJ like this.
  4. HOFCeluck

HOFCeluck HTF did I get all these likes

The 311 Heaven Guys are Great

I will say this, he was the master of oblivious condescension toward longtime fans...Most of whom clearly outclassed him in dedication (and knowledge).

two3zone and OrangeDW like this.
  5. NYCSUGrad

NYCSUGrad Starter

Both Lydon and Coleman are 6'9", just one inch taller than Moyer. And we all know these measurements are inexact, so who's to say that maybe a half inch isn't shaved or put on one player or another.

I live in NYC so don't get to the Dome to see everyone in person and was too sick last season or this to get to games even when I HAD tickets!

Such is life.

6. NYCSUGrad

NYCSUGrad Starter

Uh, are you a mind reader or something?

Moyer's injury definitely hurts us. As do the players who play while recovering from injuries like Battle and Lydon. And Coleman basically IS NOT playing for the moment, presumably because of the knees.

7. NYCSUGrad

NYCSUGrad Starter

I'll message you

8. iommi

iommi Hall of Fame

OMG. I hate hitting the ignore button but you are baiting me to do so. Chukwu made a few dunks. Caught a few rebounds. Against smurfs. Against awful teams. He was terrible. It's not debatable. He was not ready to play against decent d-1 competition, much less ACC players. Anyone with even a sliver of basketball knowledge could see that. JB: "he's not ready to play."

DC was not looking terrific. Far from it. He was struggling in every facet. JB said today his knee issues have come and gone. You can never tell when they will be bothering him. Regardless, he had already lost most of his minutes to Thompson and Lydon because he was not doing well.

I don't want to engage you in any further fruitless conversation. I won't respond to you again in this thread (and maybe any other threads). I wish you well. I'll let you drive other people past their breaking points and will engage informed posters elsewhere. Good day, dearie.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  9. HOFCeluck

I thought the book on Moyer was that he's just not physically ready. I'm not sure what he would give us if he was healthy

two3zone likes this.
  10. HOFCeluck

You get a like for the last word in the last sentence.

two3zone likes this.
  11. NYCSUGrad

NYCSUGrad Starter

Fair enough. But perhaps he might like to play the position he will likely play post college for $ so as to maximize his potential revenue.

12. CaptainJ

CaptainJ All American

Right on! I figured you might be like some folks are when the ex-spouse remarries. Youtube had some random Ozzy stuff come up after that, ironically Flying High Again is on now. And you're right about tragic. I'd like to suplex that pilot, even if Randy was going to return to classical guitar.

13. iommi

iommi Hall of Fame

Ozzy exaggerated the classical stuff. "Tonight" is so underrated. Bass line and lyrics by Daisley but also guitar outro. Wow. Sad thing is that "Diary" album was rushed. Most of the solos were intended as guide tracks. Amazing.

Back to the topic at hand...uh, never mind. The topic is stupid. Wish I never responded.

CaptainJ likes this.
  14. OrangeDW

OrangeDW All American

LOL. That guy loved Applebees. Always found that hilarious. He worked in getting a beer at Applebees references into so many posts.

CaptainJ likes this.
  15. We Are Syracuse

We Are Syracuse All Conference

Injuries had literally zero to do with this teams' problems and difficulties. Not even worth discussing.

Doc5120 and iommi like this.
  16. NYCSUGrad

NYCSUGrad Starter

I'm so devastated.

17. NYCSUGrad

NYCSUGrad Starter

An extra body in case of injuries and the growth that all intelligent players make during the year.

18. iommi

iommi Hall of Fame

But Chukwu would be a double-double guy right now, don't you know?

:rolling:

And Moyer would've been playing some 5.

And Coleman was "looking terrific," presumably before his latest knee issues robbed him of his explosive and dominant inside play.

Oh, and Lydon's had his best run of the season in his past 7 games BECAUSE of the Achilles injury.

And Battle, it's true, was limited for a while with his foot injury, but he was still playing and shooting very well. Much better than most people anticipated.

Injuries. They've killed us. :bang::rolleyes:

two3zone and We Are Syracuse like this.
  19. CaptainJ

CaptainJ All American

Ozzy just said "It's not how you play the game, it's whether you win or lose", and then quoted Boeheim from a couple/few games when he said, "I don't know". Maybe he could gives these guys a pep talk?

EDIT: Oddly, the song now playing is the reaction on here this thread was intended to mock: Suicide Solution.

20. Doc5120

Doc5120 2nd String

So let me get this straight. We play 2 excellent games in a row and we're all of a sudden, some sort of great team and no one should question that? But when we play 3 absolute stinkers in a 5 game stretch that includes perennial powers Cornell and Eastern Michigan, we're just suppose to disregard those results. That makes no sense on any level.

I believe this team is getting better and the shrinking rotation seems to be the right one. But we are 10-6 and have a long way to go to sniff the NCAA tourney. Lets continue to take it 1 game at a time and not go making any proclamations. People had and still have a real right to be concerned about this team.

Cowtown, Alsacs, SoBeCuse and 5 others like this.