YMCA | Syracusefan.com

YMCA

caldy_web.jpg

This is becoming comical. I wish they were this thorough with the Penn State investigation. Now they are just digging because they haven't found anything that can stick. Thankfully Cuse has some good lawyers on this one.

At this point I'm wondering if there will be anything on the bball side other than Fab, James and the failure to follow the schools drug policy correctly.

At this point I'm wondering if there will be anything on the bball side other than Fab, James and the failure to follow the schools drug policy correctly.
I guess that's what you get for being proactive and self reporting knowing you are under the microscope.

What about the improper benefits issue? We have no clue what that's all about.

True but that was from ESPN and may be on the fball side or non existent. Or it could be like our last probation and some alum owned a Starbucks and gave out free drink coupons to the bball team. I hope at least after the two day hearing we have a legit list of what exactly we are being charged with.

Last edited:

Its such a broad category--it could be incredibly minor stuff, all the way to really major infractions.

When people hear "improper benefits," they always jump to the interpretive conclusion that it is something major. When in actuality, it could refer to minor stuff like using a university garden hose to wash your car [which was an actual NCAA "violation" they used to go after a golf scholarship student athlete a few years ago]. Not worth getting worked up over until we see the nature / magnitude of the benefits.

I'm guessing that at the end of the day, it will be a bunch of penny ante sh-t. And that in addition to that, SU has taken steps to address some of the shortcomings around the academic stuff that was self reported. Processes were followed, etc. which means that there won't be much for them to come after.

They are attempting to amass a whole bunch of little stuff in the hopes that they can build the case that lots of minor = major lack of institutional control. If we followed our processes, that's the best way to undermine such a case.

I'll only be worried if some unknown bombshell emerges, but I'm not expecting that to be the case.

When you have to use a dart board for an investigation it could literally be anything.

Dave Johnson ate dinner at his girlfriend's house and did not pay for the meal (her parents are SU alumni). No, wait, that was last time.

My favorite part of the article underneath the pic:

Hank Leo, the chief executive officer of the Tri-Valley YMCA, is has been summoned to an NCAA hearing regarding Syracuse athletics. (Provided photo)

That article is pretty dopey on a lot of levels. What freaking summons power does the NCAA have? Leo should tell them to go to hell.

stuckinbig11 said:
Dave Johnson ate dinner at his girlfriend's house and did not pay for the meal (her parents are SU alumni). No, wait, that was last time.

He was living there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom