YMCA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

YMCA

Its such a broad category--it could be incredibly minor stuff, all the way to really major infractions.

When people hear "improper benefits," they always jump to the interpretive conclusion that it is something major. When in actuality, it could refer to minor stuff like using a university garden hose to wash your car [which was an actual NCAA "violation" they used to go after a golf scholarship student athlete a few years ago]. Not worth getting worked up over until we see the nature / magnitude of the benefits.

I'm guessing that at the end of the day, it will be a bunch of penny ante sh-t. And that in addition to that, SU has taken steps to address some of the shortcomings around the academic stuff that was self reported. Processes were followed, etc. which means that there won't be much for them to come after.

They are attempting to amass a whole bunch of little stuff in the hopes that they can build the case that lots of minor = major lack of institutional control. If we followed our processes, that's the best way to undermine such a case.

I'll only be worried if some unknown bombshell emerges, but I'm not expecting that to be the case.

Well, I certainly hope that if we get dinged they go after North Carolina. I'm not counting on it, but it's only right.

Its such a broad category--it could be incredibly minor stuff, all the way to really major infractions.

I'll only be worried if some unknown bombshell emerges, but I'm not expecting that to be the case.

Or how about a known bombshell?

laurie+fine+leaked+photo+with+Syracuse+player.jpg

My favorite part of the article underneath the pic:

Hank Leo, the chief executive officer of the Tri-Valley YMCA, is has been summoned to an NCAA hearing regarding Syracuse athletics. (Provided photo)
I'm guessing ASCAP will be after him next for letting that musician help kids make music cd's as part of the YMCA's Hope Project.

In all seriousness, Leo sounds like a great guy, a genuine pillar of his community.

I can never tell when you are completely serious. Probably why I like so many of your posts.
I knew it would land like that . . . I was being completely serious. This is a guy who returned to his community and gave back in a very meaningful way. It's one thing to go after big schools & powerful coaches, but if the NCAA ruins Leo's reputation over this crap it will be a minor tragedy.

I knew it would land like that . . . I was being completely serious. This is a guy who returned to his community and gave back in a very meaningful way. It's one thing to go after big schools & powerful coaches, but if the NCAA ruins Leo's reputation over this crap it will be a minor tragedy.

I agree and I thought you were probably serious but that "pillar of the community" threw me and tone can be confusing in text.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom