Yogi Ferrell returning | Syracusefan.com

Yogi Ferrell returning

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
Saw some speculation that he would be off to the NBA but announced that he will return for his senior season. With the transfer pool drying up it's going to be interesting to hear how the Hoosiers get to 13. Sounded like Yogi leaving was Plan A now speculation is that Soph Center Jeremiah April may shown the door.

Saw some speculation that he would be off to the NBA but announced that he will return for his senior season. With the transfer pool drying up it's going to be interesting to hear how the Hoosiers get to 13. Sounded like Yogi leaving was Plan A now speculation is that Soph Center Jeremiah April may shown the door.
Not for nothing but does anyone really care?

Well since we heard how stable the IU environment in comparison to Chaos Cuse, it is interesting to me to see how Crean handles this. He's on thin ice as it is, and can't really afford another PR nightmare like a disgruntled player/family.

Well since we heard how stable the IU environment in comparison to Chaos Cuse, it is interesting to me to see how Crean handles this. He's on thin ice as it is, and can't really afford another PR nightmare like a disgruntled player/family.

As far as IU fans (really, all fans) care: Going deep in tourney > disgruntled player/family. nutzo Crean is well aware of that

That's true, but it looks like it might be FF or bust for Crazy Crean

Not for nothing but does anyone really care?

Well, after the situation with Buss at IU and the intensive discussions here about how teams play with the scholarship limits, along with uncertainty whether you can take a commitment, let alone a signed LOI from a player when you don't have a scholarship open I'd say there are at least 2 or 3 of us who care.

While I wish Yogi well in regard to his future NBA Career, I see him as someone by the end of his playing days that will have traveled most of Europe. Still that is not a bad way to earn a very nice living. Best to Yogi, except when he plays the Orange !

Last edited:
Isiah Thomas was slightly over 6'. The only thing he and Yogi have in common is they both played basketball for Indiana.
I think the reference is to the current Isaiah Thomas, that is in the league right now.

I think the reference is to the current Isaiah Thomas, that is in the league right now.

Some names should never be used again, especially in the same sport.

seeing the Indiana midget guards trying to shoot over our zone during the sweet 16 was more entertaining than those zany benny hill clips at the end of the show