You Can't Mess with Texas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

You Can't Mess with Texas

never said it did...but how much of a shelf life is left in texas???

i can tell you one thing for sure is that thousands of welders and illegals are leaving texas and showing up in PA.Ohio and N.Y. to work the rigs and chasing the money.I am hearing that the amount of oil sitting below us is HUUUUUGGGGGEAAA.

The irony is that FSU was supposed to be the heavyweight in the ACC and if it had not lost its way, the perception of the ACC would not be second tier and it would have a better television deal. Now because FSU has been having problems winning ACC Championships, a portion of its fan base wants to jump ship the the Big 12.

The irony is that FSU was supposed to be the heavyweight in the ACC and if it had not lost its way, the perception of the ACC would not be second tier and it would have a better television deal. Now because FSU has been having problems winning ACC Championships, a portion of its fan base wants to jump ship the the Big 12.

It's the greatest irony of the whole possibility. But somehow it will be Swofford's fault. Not even sure how they will keep their balance after that spin.

It's the greatest irony of the whole possibility. But somehow it will be Swofford's fault. Not even sure how they will keep their balance after that spin.

FSU is part of the problem but the real problem is Miami. Can they and will they get back to being a Top 10 program? They got to where they were by cheating. Are they willing to go back to that? And how long will the future NCAA punishments set them back? I don't see Miami being the U anytime soon. I can see them being like Clemson but the ACC really needs another big time program.

Any other national power can have a period of mediocrity without pulling the entire conference down. The real irony is that by you guys pointing out this irony, you actually point at a reason that FSU should consider leaving.

Any other national power can have a period of mediocrity without pulling the entire conference down. The real irony is that by you guys pointing out this irony, you actually point at a reason that FSU should consider leaving.

It's obviously not only FSU. But they are still supposed to be the strongest program. They are not meeting their own expectations and are now sort of looking for a bailout.

But FSU leaving because others in the ACC aren't strong enough to get the conference revenue they think they should get will very likely be step 1 on the spin list. Rule 1 of spin is blame yourself last. And by last, I mean never.

It's obviously not only FSU. But they are still supposed to be the strongest program. They are not meeting their own expectations and are now sort of looking for a bailout.

But FSU leaving because others in the ACC aren't strong enough to get the conference revenue they think they should get will very likely be step 1 on the spin list. Rule 1 of spin is blame yourself last. And by last, I mean never.
I see what you are saying. I guess I just look at the situation a little differently. FSU fans know that the team has underperformed, trust me. They also know that had the dynasty years continued, the ACC would have greater value. Sure, some FSU fans are ignorant and out for blood and trying to point the finger at acc teams even though beat us over the years. But I don't think the majority is looking to put blame on anyone, but rather just looking to make the best decision for FSU going forward.

I see what you are saying. I guess I just look at the situation a little differently. FSU fans know that the team has underperformed, trust me. They also know that had the dynasty years continued, the ACC would have greater value. Sure, some FSU fans are ignorant and out for blood and trying to point the finger at acc teams even though beat us over the years. But I don't think the majority is looking to put blame on anyone, but rather just looking to make the best decision for FSU going forward.

If leaving teh ACC is teh best decision for FSU, then go and propse. However, most Noles fans are trashing the ACC, blaming UNC and Swofford (i'm no fan of Swofford, but he did not recruit for or coach FSU). Then they blame every remaining team in the ACC for not being a football school. Guess what? Aside from Clemson and occaionally, no team in the ACC that FSU joined was a football team! The ACC added Miami, BC, VATech, Syracuse and Pitt to improve football. Give it a chance.

Another point, made in another thread, the ACC out earned the SEC and yet the SEC was still able to compete...and WIN!

If leaving teh ACC is teh best decision for FSU, then go and propse. However, most Noles fans are trashing the ACC, blaming UNC and Swofford (i'm no fan of Swofford, but he did not recruit for or coach FSU). Then they blame every remaining team in the ACC for not being a football school. Guess what? Aside from Clemson and occaionally, no team in the ACC that FSU joined was a football team! The ACC added Miami, BC, VATech, Syracuse and Pitt to improve football. Give it a chance.

Another point, made in another thread, the ACC out earned the SEC and yet the SEC was still able to compete...and WIN!

You make a lot of really good points, did the ACC really outearn the SEC? When? I'll have to dig up that thread. Anyway I agree that results on the field are definitely not all about money. There are so many other factors.

In regards to the fans, I know there are some obnoxious message board fans whining like little babies about the acc and trying to blame them for anything. I think you are overestimating this percentage of FSU fans, and I hope to God I'm not underestimating that percentage.

Anyway, there is nothing I would like more than the ACC rallying and becoming a power conference with FSU and Syracuse leading the way. I also don't believe that is out of the question. Now if certain information comes out regarding playoff structure, bowl payouts etc that puts the ACC at a major disadvantage, that would be a different story.

You make a lot of really good points, did the ACC really outearn the SEC? When? I'll have to dig up that thread. Anyway I agree that results on the field are definitely not all about money. There are so many other factors.

In regards to the fans, I know there are some obnoxious message board fans whining like little babies about the acc and trying to blame them for anything. I think you are overestimating this percentage of FSU fans, and I hope to God I'm not underestimating that percentage.

Anyway, there is nothing I would like more than the ACC rallying and becoming a power conference with FSU and Syracuse leading the way. I also don't believe that is out of the question. Now if certain information comes out regarding playoff structure, bowl payouts etc that puts the ACC at a major disadvantage, that would be a different story.

Try this link. There are other factors such as 3rd tier rights but without specific data for each school, you work with what you have.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-acc-sec-finances,0,7524464,full.story

In all fairness, the percentage of FSU/Clemson fans that are arguing the most for a move to the Big12 may simply be themost vocal, I have not been keeping tabs via name.

FSU is my favorite southern school, I make no bones about it. However, if upon a review of real facts and figures, not the stuff seen on the WVU sights and spread by Clemson and a few FSU fans, a move to the Big 12 is the best option, nobody will fault FSU for leaving.

Any dealings with Texas MUST be taken with a grain of salt. Texas can and will do as it wishes. They wanted in the B1g on their terms only, same with the Pac and ACC. When nobody would let them have it their way, they went back to their sandbox and bullied everyone back into staying with them. Remember, EVERY Big 12 team has made at least one serious attempt to leave the Big 12 in the last two years, four have succeeded.

Try this link. There are other factors such as 3rd tier rights but without specific data for each school, you work with what you have.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-acc-sec-finances,0,7524464,full.story

In all fairness, the percentage of FSU/Clemson fans that are arguing the most for a move to the Big12 may simply be themost vocal, I have not been keeping tabs via name.

FSU is my favorite southern school, I make no bones about it. However, if upon a review of real facts and figures, not the stuff seen on the WVU sights and spread by Clemson and a few FSU fans, a move to the Big 12 is the best option, nobody will fault FSU for leaving.

Any dealings with Texas MUST be taken with a grain of salt. Texas can and will do as it wishes. They wanted in the B1g on their terms only, same with the Pac and ACC. When nobody would let them have it their way, they went back to their sandbox and bullied everyone back into staying with them. Remember, EVERY Big 12 team has made at least one serious attempt to leave the Big 12 in the last two years, four have succeeded.

Interesting read. Appreciate the link and your perspective. I'm really just playing wait and see. Right now I think there are far too many unknowns for anyone to know what the right choice is.

lad to here that Considering my father's company Solvay Process was one of the larger polurts along with the town of Solvay. I always considered the Lake as a potential treasure if it could be cleaned up. Not many cities can boast of a lake in the city limits and A domed sports arena as well. How to connect these two assets is another matter. Once cleaned, I can imagine a very modern skyline on its shores with landscaping and lighting to make it a visionary treat for citizens and visitors both.
Last I knew, the ban on swimming in Onondaga Lake was expected to be lifted in several years. It doesn't smell anymore, the clarity of the water has greatly improved, the population and varieties of fish are steadily improving and the bacteria problems caused when heavy rainfall carries human waste into the lake are being addressed. This incidentally cost SU fans the much beloved Trolley Lot behind the MOST as a tailgating spot.

Really hoping the plans for extending the recreational trails around the lake so that they completely surround it will be implemented soon. I think it will happen.

Last I knew, the ban on swimming in Onondaga Lake was expected to be lifted in several years. It doesn't smell anymore, the clarity of the water has greatly improved, the population and varieties of fish are steadily improving and the bacteria problems caused when heavy rainfall carries human waste into the lake are being addressed. This incidentally cost SU fans the much beloved Trolley Lot behind the MOST as a tailgating spot.

Really hoping the plans for extending the recreational trails around the lake so that they completely surround it will be implemented soon. I think it will happen.
I best remember the lake for watching the sumarine races at night I was lucky getting several opportunities to make contact with the twin boats "couchburn Torpedo loose"