You Have to Feel For Pitt | Syracusefan.com

You Have to Feel For Pitt

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
If Paul Chryst leaves for Wisconsin.

My goodness.

On the other hand, the AD probably should have kept Dave Wannstedt. He had had decent success - was a western PA guy - he wanted to be at Pitt and was a QB away from having a break-out season.

We know that the Big Ten is behind the SEC in the college coaching pecking order. Is the Big Ten behind the Pac 12 at this point?

Pitt's AD is terrible. Wannstedt shouldn't have been fired and his hires since then have been train wreck after train wreck. Chryst seems like a good hire, but if Wisconsin wants him, they get him. And Pitt will be looking for their FIFTH head coach in TWO years. Think about that. Not exactly indicative of a serviceable athletic department.

Seriously - how does that guy still have a job?

Maybe it's just me, but I think Wannstedt has his dream job now, DC of the Buffalo Bills.

Maybe Wisconsin will go after Butch Jones. Pitt can hope anyway. Chryst did a good job keeping them Birmingham eligible. You would think at some point, all this turnover would lead them to a disaster season. But no, just another trip to the Compass Bowl.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Wannstedt has his dream job now, DC of the Buffalo Bills.

Maybe Wisconsin will go after Butch Jones. Pitt can hope anyway. Chryst did a good job keeping them Birmingham eligible. You would think at some point, all this turnover would lead them to a disaster season. But no, just another trip to the Compass Bowl.
Annual trips to Birmingham can easily be construed as disasters.

I feel for Pitt a much as I do Uconn

My goodness.

On the other hand, the AD probably should have kept Dave Wannstedt. He had had decent success - was a western PA guy - he wanted to be at Pitt and was a QB away from having a break-out season.

We know that the Big Ten is behind the SEC in the college coaching pecking order. Is the Big Ten behind the Pac 12 at this point?
Seriously, do you love all of our opponents more than you love Syracuse. It's ok to respect some of them, but not to come out and show them love and compassion. They are our enemies.

PattononTerrorists.gif

My goodness.

I'm shocked that you think they should have retained their coach. SHOCKED.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I wish we had a disaster like that under GRob

Yeah, I consider those seasons as more of the type of disaster I was referring to. Longer road back from that.

I don't feel anything for, or about, Pitt.

Ever.

There is no long-time opponent I feel more ambivalent about than Pitt.

They're just...there.

Wanny is not a good coach and they would have had to let him go at some point. The best you can hope for with him as the coach is constant mediocrity. Nothing more and some years probably less.

Hahaha. No.

I remember PITT fans getting reaaaal cocky when Wanny started loading up on Bob L's five-stars.

Really, it's amazing they haven't bottomed out with the HC turnover. If anything, they're lucky.

Seriously, do you love all of our opponents more than you love Syracuse. It's ok to respect some of them, but not to come out and show them love and compassion. They are our enemies.

PattononTerrorists.gif

This is a great post.

Great example of weird approach to our opponents.

I did not express "love" for Pitt and of course never expressed a preference for any opponent over Syracuse University.

I simply observed that Pitt faces a very difficult situation where it could be required to have a fifth coach in five years.

It is an intolerable situation. And I feel for Pitt fans.

The kind of hatred that we see on this board is bizarre in my opinion.

Hahaha. No.

I remember PITT fans getting reaaaal cocky when Wanny started loading up on Bob L's five-stars.

Really, it's amazing they haven't bottomed out with the HC turnover. If anything, they're lucky.
It's simple, when u get top 25 recruiting classes yearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't feel anything for, or about, Pitt.

Ever.

There is no long-time opponent I feel more ambivalent about than Pitt.

They're just...there.
Agreed.Odd but like you said,they're just there.