You know how parents/recruits read this board | Syracusefan.com

You know how parents/recruits read this board

anomander said:
They should venture over to BWI right now just to prove that the blue bloods aren't immune to shlit storms after losses. Our fan board is no different than any other fan board in the country when things go bad. That is all. :eat popcorn:

I think parents of recruits understand the board after a loss. I'm sure they've been on that roller coaster before. The thing I rally against is the sarcastic negativity that things will never get better - or shots at the staff or AD that are not explained. Foot, shot.

I think parents of recruits understand the board after a loss. I'm sure they've been on that roller coaster before. The thing I rally against is the sarcastic negativity that things will never get better - or shots at the staff or AD that are not explained. Foot, shot.

Boggles my mind that after a win, some can still be very negative. SU football hasn't provided a lot of positive moments over the last 10 years. I'll take any I can get, and for this week, I'm as happy as ever. If they blow it against WF, then I'll go back to being distraught and sad.

The positivity/negativity dichotomy is not important to me. The goal should be to be right (i.e., make an argument and support it with evidence).

I haven't seen much negativity since Friday night; perhaps a few trolls, which should be expected. I've seen a lot of "yeah, but it was Rhode Island," which is a fair, but obvious point.

The positivity/negativity dichotomy is not important to me. The goal should be to be right (i.e., make an argument and support it with evidence).

I haven't seen much negativity since Friday night; perhaps a few trolls, which should be expected. I've seen a lot of "yeah, but it was Rhode Island," which is a fair, but obvious point.

Tis all true but with this board and the negators a close win against an FCS and its oh shite and a blow out win against an FCS and its been oh shite.

Tis all true but with this board and the negators a close win against an FCS and its oh shite and a blow out win against an FCS and its been oh shite.
You would concede last year the Nova game sounded off alarm bells for our poor season? We were lucky to win that game.
This year we played well against a crappy FCS team and lost our Senior starting QB for the season.

My god if we win 47-0 and Hunt doesn't get hurt you would see a lot more optimism. You make it sound it like its your damn if you do or damn if you don't. When that isn't the case. We were a 25 yard missed FG from losing to Villanova I am glad we won but that game was horrible. This year' game was a lot better and showed some flashes of good things to come but losing Hunt for the season kinda put a damper on the excitement of this year.

Every board has negative posts on it, its a place for fans to come and vent. I am sure on the Ohio St board they have some negative posts on how they didn't win by enough last year.

Have heard almost no negativity about the win from Friday, so that's a moot point.

The Villanova game last year we barely won. Had we went on to have a successful season the Villanova game would have been something to laugh at at the end of the season. The fact is, we almost lost to Villanova and then had a terrible season. Any fan who was negative after the Villanova game had a lot of justification to be negative, frustrated, and cautious about the rest of the season. And they were absolutely right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom