You know what's weird about the Penn State punishments? | Syracusefan.com

You know what's weird about the Penn State punishments?

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
You pretty much have to root for the current coaches and players to be a bad team. I just listened to O'Brien on Mike and Mike, and while I respect that it's his job to be as successful as possible, I came away from hearing the interview with an intense desire that he fail spectacularly. I don't want them to overcome. In order to have a sense of justice, I want them to be terrible, and if they aren't terrible, it feels like they weren't punished enough. That is an odd state of mind to have, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

You pretty much have to root for the current coaches and players to be a bad team. I just listened to O'Brien on Mike and Mike, and while I respect that it's his job to be as successful as possible, I came away from hearing the interview with an intense desire that he fail spectacularly. I don't want them to overcome. In order to have a sense of justice, I want them to be terrible, and if they aren't terrible, it feels like they weren't punished enough. That is an odd state of mind to have, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

O'Brein is a big boy and knew he was diving into a cesspool at penn st. But, he wasn't involved, nor was the team.

As a fan, it is ok to hate PSU - just because.

As a semi-intelligent human (speaking only for myself), they collectively deserve whatever success they can manage.

O'Brein is a big boy and knew he was diving into a cesspool at penn st. But, he wasn't involved, nor was the team.

Nor was John Wallace.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

There is a rumor now that PSU is trying to setup a "charity" game after the season to be played possibly in MetLife Stadium against a non-bowl team. All money would go to charity.

To me, this just sounds like PSU is trying to figure out how to get around the bowl ban in the name of "charity". Pathetic.

There is a rumor now that PSU is trying to setup a "charity" game after the season to be played possibly in MetLife Stadium against a non-bowl team. All money would go to charity.

To me, this just sounds like PSU is trying to figure out how to get around the bowl ban in the name of "charity". Pathetic.

I know a kid that was getting recruited out of a junior college ton play for USC. One of the main selling points Lane Kiffin tried to sell him was that USC was going to host their own "bowl" game after the season even though the NCAA had banned them. Of course this didn't happen nor could it, but it didn't stop it from being used as a recruiting tool.

Did you publically hope that he failed?

No. But I can't resolve in my head Grimaldi's lasagna vs 10 year olds being raped.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom