You think the Dome blue hairs are bad? | Syracusefan.com

You think the Dome blue hairs are bad?

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Everton just told the Manchester City fans to sit down over the loudspeaker through a quasi-PSA.

I'm not quite a blue hair (yet), but I don't know why people complain about those blue hairs. Many of them have been there forever and are 1 of the biggest reasons for how this program got where it is and has remained there.

Sent using my Commodore 64

MCFC has always had fans. Now they just have fans and bandwagon fans.

A bit of a joke there but they still don't sell out most their home games. I'm cheering for them today and feel a bit dirty for it. I actually liked city before they started spending stupid money due to Ricky Hatton. Now I look at them as the Yankees payroll with Tampa Bay's fan base.

Let's see what they can do with everton a man down now.

I'm not quite a blue hair (yet), but I don't know why people complain about those blue hairs. Many of them have been there forever and are 1 of the biggest reasons for how this program got where it is and has remained there.

If 65 is Blue Hair " Guilty", But this "Blue Hair" has spent a Lot of Green on the Orange... for 50 + Yrs :eek:

Everton get away with a hand ball in the box that is called a free kick outside the area. Interesting by the refs there.

Everton just told the Manchester City fans to sit down over the loudspeaker through a quasi-PSA.

That's soccer (I assume) so that doesn't really count here in the States.

i go both ways on this. if you go to the game, you might expect people to stand, so dont complain about it or stay home and watch on tv. if you are a fan who stands the entire time and elderly or short people POLITELY ask you to sit and you dont listen, youre being a jerk.

i go both ways on this. if you go to the game, you might expect people to stand, so dont complain about it or stay home and watch on tv. if you are a fan who stands the entire time and elderly or short people POLITELY ask you to sit and you dont listen, youre being a jerk.

When the action dictates, and the stadium rises in excitement, it is perfectly appropriate to stand. When you are the only one standing, probably not.

When the action dictates, and the stadium rises in excitement, it is perfectly appropriate to stand. When you are the only one standing, probably not.

everyone should be standing the whole game

everyone should be standing the whole game

I have no problem with standing. But what you suggest is just not realistic.

I'll start this by saying I'm an Everton supporter.

But why can't the home team tell visiting bandwagon fans to sit down and shut the hell up, especially when the visiting team has been historically bad and is located only 30 miles from the stadium in question?

I don't think they have that right, unless they're going to tell all paying customers to sit down and shut up. Nothing stopping the Everton fans from out-singing any visiting supporters.

I don't think they have that right, unless they're going to tell all paying customers to sit down and shut up. Nothing stopping the Everton fans from out-singing any visiting supporters.

It's English soccer. It's a different culture, different fan base, different sport. You can't say what they have the right to do and not to do.

And besides, if the Dome announced that all visiting fans have to shut up all game, I'd be okay with that.

Yeah, sit the heck down and watch the friggin game

It's English soccer. It's a different culture, different fan base, different sport. You can't say what they have the right to do and not to do.

And besides, if the Dome announced that all visiting fans have to shut up all game, I'd be okay with that.

The soccer culture is singing. As long as fans are not being racist or abusive in their chanting or singing they do have the right to sing.

Standing gets a bit tricky. Some English clubs are trying to reintroduce safe standing areas, which Germany has done. However, visiting supporters are in sections with security separating them from home supporters. If everyone is standing not sure there's any harm in that. A club can try to make them sit down, but you can't tell someone to stop singing.

This is actually a rule in most English stadiums that all fans need to sit down the entire game. You can thank Hillsborough for that.

This is actually a rule in most English stadiums that all fans need to sit down the entire game. You can thank Hillsborough for that.
Spurs are looking into a new type of standing room for their new stadium's single tier stand that some german teams are using like Borussia Dortmund and Hoffenheim.

Hoffenheim1.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/11/police-consider-terraces-standing

New-Tottenham-Spurs-Stadium-Single-Tier-Stand_2377217.jpg

I'm glad I will never be a blue hair, as that requires having hair, correct?

Teams are wrestling with safe standing areas. The days of Terraces crammed with as many people possible are gone, thankfully. All-seaters don't (or shouldn't necessarily) mean people can't stand. They need to do so in designated areas, but there are supporter friendly solutions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom