Youk !!! | Syracusefan.com

Youk !!!

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Yankees have agreed to a one-year, $12 million contract with free agent third baseman Kevin Youkilis.
Youkilis turned down a two-year, $18 million proposal from the Indians in order to return to the American League East. It should be a nice fit for him in New York, where he'll start at third base until Alex Rodriguez returns from mid-January hip surgery. "Youk" hit .235/.336/.409 with 19 home runs and 60 RBI in 122 games this past season between the Red Sox and White Sox.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/278634850896990209

Maybe his numbers will pick up without the managerial talents of Bobby V.

Best part is that it's a one year deal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ick.
Have to agree with this sentiment. I know many Red Sox players have done well in the transfer between the two teams since the days of Ruth, but he's one of those guys I could never really stomach.

May he hit a game winner against the Sox
FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Yankees have agreed to a one-year, $12 million contract with free agent third baseman Kevin Youkilis.
Youkilis turned down a two-year, $18 million proposal from the Indians in order to return to the American League East. It should be a nice fit for him in New York, where he'll start at third base until Alex Rodriguez returns from mid-January hip surgery. "Youk" hit .235/.336/.409 with 19 home runs and 60 RBI in 122 games this past season between the Red Sox and White Sox.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/278634850896990209

You have got to be f*cking kidding me. I mean really? Were Papi and Beckett not available?

So far nothing the Yankees have done this offseason is making me excited about the start of 2013.

BA of .235 should fit in nicely with the Yanks.:eek:
You'll be singing his praises after his bat wins a few games in pinstripes. You're always ragging on A-Rod anyway. I thought you'd be happy. ;)

I love this signing. I hate the Red Sox more than anyone on the planet but this guy is a gamer. Clutch hitter, decent fielder and he is a VERY patient hitter who works a lot of counts. I think he has a couple of good years left if he can stay healthy. One year deals are not bad and they had to make this move. Eduardo Nunez was not the answer.

I think he has a superb year and will help this team IMMENSELY.

i cant sign off on this.

the 1st big sux to Yanks guy i remember is luis tiant. had mixed emotions then, but what 10 year old didnt like imitating his 'back to the batter wideup and then throw home' move?

boggs bugged me, but the fact that the Yanks started winning and boston sucked made it ok.

clemens, well they had run him out of town and he was a highly successful bluejay so i could stomach it.

damon, that idiot won me over very quickly, still like him.

youk?? F him.

On the subject of former Red Suck picked up by the Yankees Sparky Lyle was great pickup. Mike Stanton collected three rings with the Pinstripes. Going way back there was Red Ruffing, Waite Hoyt & Herb Pennock all who had great carreers with NY.

Kevin Youkilis ready to win Yankees fans over