Young Guys | Syracusefan.com

Young Guys

anomander

Living Legend
Are really starting to make a name for themselves. At one point in the defensive backfield it was Cisco, Trill, and Melfi. I thought Trill played great, as well as both of the other corners. Trill's playing time is just going to increase from here. The kid is a stud. I hope Cordy is ok, but we may even gain something with Trill in at nickel.

Offensively, Taj Harris is turning into one of the more reliable receivers. The kid is always open and has velcro on his hands. Dare I say he will be the go to receiver by the time Louisville comes to do Dome on a Friday night. I also think Howard showed that he is ready to start getting more and more carries. The 1 carry he did have he made the first guy miss, which is something he has a habit of. Most impressively was that pick up of the pass rusher off the edge where he absolutely stone cold stopped him. The throw was an INT, but that was a great pick up by Howard. That play right there could go a long way in giving Dino some confidence in giving him more snaps.

We are just going to get better once these guys get more involved.

Are really starting to make a name for themselves. At one point in the defensive backfield it was Cisco, Trill, and Melfi. I thought Trill played great, as well as both of the other corners. Trill's playing time is just going to increase from here. The kid is a stud. I hope Cordy is ok, but we may even gain something with Trill in at nickel.

Offensively, Taj Harris is turning into one of the more reliable receivers. The kid is always open and has velcro on his hands. Dare I say he will be the go to receiver by the time Louisville comes to do Dome on a Friday night. I also think Howard showed that he is ready to start getting more and more carries. The 1 carry he did have he made the first guy miss, which is something he has a habit of. Most impressively was that pick up of the pass rusher off the edge where he absolutely stone cold stopped him. The throw was an INT, but that was a great pick up by Howard. That play right there could go a long way in giving Dino some confidence in giving him more snaps.

The three DB's are from downstate and Mass. Harris is from Jersey.

That's the way it should be.

The three DB's are from downstate and Mass. Harris is from Jersey.

That's the way it should be.
I thought Cisco was from Florida?

SU is at the point where Cordy can be replaced.

Trill also laid the wood on a Clemson RB in the 2nd half. He just looks like an upperclassmen multi-year starter, both physically & the way he carries himself, like nothing is too big for him.

A

Agree about the youngsters starting to come around- Dino’s got a great eye for talent.
The biggest drawback yesterday was the D, especially the Linebackers, just getting gashed past the LOS. They were dead tired by the 4th qtr. We have more depth than years past, but it’s obvious vs the big boys you gotta legit go 3-deep. We’re gettin there. In Dino we trust!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom