Your ESPN3 broadcasters are: | Syracusefan.com

Your ESPN3 broadcasters are:

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
Dave Popkin (who does a lot of Seton Hall games) and former Jets and UVA head coach Al Groh.

Isn't Gary Cohen the voice of Seton Hall? And former UVA coach Al Groh can't be any worse than former UNC coach John Bunning, who once praised Antwon Bailey's incredible speed.

DavePopkin.com: Dave Popkin is a versatile, veteran sportscaster based in the New York Metropolitan Area. He is a play-by-play announcer for ESPN3 covering college football and basketball. Dave is entering his 12th season with the Seton Hall Basketball radio network.

EDIT: For some reason, Popkin's website lists his resume, complete with his home address and phone number.

Popkin called the "Doug Hogue putting Savage on his @ss game" in 2009. Interesting, it's probably the only place I've been able to find any footage of that game. Here's some of the first quarter. Ah, the memories of upending a ranked Rutgers team (I feel dirty for typing that).

a-team.jpg

Conley just recently started working at my company, really, really good guy.

So that's who you were referring to in your post from yesterday? :) That's really cool. Glad Dan is still involved with our program. He's one of my all time favorites and bleeds orange

I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere but is there anyway to watch this game outside of ESPN3? Can you order the game on DirectTV or anything

Popkin called the "Doug Hogue putting Savage on his @ss game" in 2009. Interesting, it's probably the only place I've been able to find any footage of that game. Here's some of the first quarter. Ah, the memories of upending a ranked Rutgers team (I feel dirty for typing that).

That full version would be one for the archives.

Dave Popkin (who does a lot of Seton Hall games) and former Jets and UVA head coach Al Groh.

Popkin is OK - very boring though. Doesn't add much enthusiasm to a broadcast.

I am more interested in us starting 2-0 so that Maryland game moves up the ESPN/ESPN2 potential instead of the ACCN/Raycom projection I have for it.

I am more interested in us starting 2-0 so that Maryland game moves up the ESPN/ESPN2 potential instead of the ACCN/Raycom projection I have for it.
It's got GameDay written all over it. Kick the 'Terps out of the ACC for real.

Edit: be sure to put you sarcasm hat on.

Last edited:
It's got GameDay written all over it. Kick the 'Terps out of the ACC for real.
If start 5-0 I think Gameday would come to the Dome for FSU, but we gotta beat Maryland/Notre Dame/Louisville and only one of those games is not at the Dome.

If start 5-0 I think Gameday would come to the Dome for FSU, but we gotta beat Maryland/Notre Dame/Louisville and only one of those games is not at the Dome.

If that really happened...I cant even think about it...my liver hurts too much.

Groh should have some interesting insight. I wanted to believe in him w/Jets and at UVA but I never did. Sadly for him that college program and professional team are a lot alike.

I'd love to see it happen, but there's some big games that weekend. It all depends on how these teams play and where they've already gone up to that point. Get to 5-0 and let everything else fall into place.

Potential Games:

Oregon @ UCLA
Texas vs. Oklahoma
Georgia @ Missouri
LSU @ Florida
Ole Miss @ Texas A&M
Penn State @ Michigan

I'd love to see it happen, but there's some big games that weekend. It all depends on how these teams play and where they've already gone up to that point. Get to 5-0 and let everything else fall into place.

Potential Games:

Oregon @ UCLA
Texas vs. Oklahoma
Georgia @ Missouri
LSU @ Florida
Ole Miss @ Texas A&M
Penn State @ Michigan
UCLA/Oregon is the only real competition if its 5-0 SU vs. 5-0 FSU. Those are good games but if we are undefeated and the fact Gameday has never been in New York they will consider SU unless Oregon-UCLA is a battle of undefeated teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom