Your pick for the British Open | Syracusefan.com

Your pick for the British Open

Is there any chance Johnson and other big hitters are not on some type of PED?

Is there any chance Johnson and other big hitters are not on some type of PED?

Interesting question because the equipment has certainly elevated the game and the distance one can hit the ball. Have you ever been to a tournament and seen these guys, most of them are very fit dudes but most aren't physically imposing by any means. Fowler hits the ball a ton and is a runt. Phil Mickelson? Please, if you count beer and fried food as PED than maybe. Don't think Rory is either. DJ is a BIG dude and very tall and I certainly have no idea if he is or he isn't. I am sure a few are but the technology can't be ignored nor can the commitment to fitness that most of these guys have made be taken for granted. The suspension certainly raised issues but that and his reputation for being a partier, the company he keeps seem to point towards narcotics not PED.

And not to hijack the thread, I say Jason Day or Ricky Fowler wins the British

The idea that PEDs have to make you physically imposing is a myth. They can help one achieve any body type.

John Daly's pants threw up...

CKC7ywuVAAAQCZ_.jpg

The idea that PEDs have to make you physically imposing is a myth. They can help one achieve any body type.

Yeah but to hit a golf ball further you would want to be stronger no? Which adding strength for most people would result in more mass or looking bigger/ stronger? Now for a cyclist I would agree with the PED, but I doubt a golfer is worried too much about their VO2 max or their recovery process...( for the most part)

Then again, maybe Johnson hits it so far because he's doing blood transfusions like Lance was? I don't know.

I honestly think it has a lot to do with the technology and the commitment to fitness by 95% of the PGA pros

I think there is an ideal balance between muscle and flexibility that will generate the most club head speed. PEDs can help someone in the quest for that balance. The perfect golf body would look a lot more like Dustin Johnson than Barry Bonds.

Hey Tom, turn the lights off after you cross the bridge - not right that he takes his turn in the half dark with most people in the pubs.
And the grandstands completely empty...

Prediction?! Pain.

Some Euro guy will win it. How's that for increasing my chances? ;)

You're a twisted SOB, ain't ya? ... :D

Just looking at things this morning, I think Zach Johnson is the sleeper this week.
I'm actually pulling for Zach. Hell of a nice guy. Meet him in Harbor Town a couple years back. Very gracious person

I hope Dustin holds on but either way someone close to him has to talk him about that beard. By all means go with the bearded look Dustin but my god man stop trimming the neckline up so high.

I hope Dustin holds on but either way someone close to him has to talk him about that beard. By all means go with the bearded look Dustin but my god man stop trimming the neckline up so high.

I'm sure he's worried about that.. Considering the company he keeps. What

One thing Fox got right in their broadcast of the U.S. Open is they had the top 5 leaderboard on the screen almost at all-times. I am surprised ESPN has not followed suit. It is only the most important information. I inevitably walk away from the tournament for a few minutes at a time. When I return, I don't think I should have to check my phone to see the leaders' scores. Twenty years ago we started putting the scoreboard up at all-times for football, baseball, and basketball. Why is golf different?

Last edited:
Johnson should play every round from now on with it all hanging out. He's best at bombing and wedging and that's what he should try to do. Man that was a pitiful round on a day when the course was completely get-able.

At this point I'll be very surprised to see anyone but Spieth or Oosthuizen win. Maybe Harrington or Sergio has a big day. Dunne has played great and the slower greens are right up his ally but I think its too much to ask. Day has to do it before I'll worry about him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom