Lydon
Roberson
Chukwu

Battle
White
Roberson
Lydon
Coleman

What do you guys think are our three best lineups?

So much talent.

I'll tell you the lineup I'm interested in seeing in certain situations.

Howard
Gillon
Battle
White
Lydon

Not necessarily optional defensively, although I think we could hold our own, but we could press, run and shoot out of this lineup like crazy.

Otherwise, I suspect our money lineup will be

Gillon
Battle
White
Lydon
Chukwu

I can see Howard playing major minutes this year as well.

Hetes a few variations

Starting lineup:
Gillon, white, lydon, Roberson, coleman

Fast break/pressing lineup:
Gillon, battle, white, roberson, lydon

Big lineup:
Howard, white, lydon, Roberson, chukwu

Best overall lineup balancing offense and defense :
Gillon, battle, lydon, Roberson, chukwu

Hetes a few variations

Starting lineup:
Gillon, white, lydon, Roberson, coleman

Fast break/pressing lineup:
Gillon, battle, white, roberson, lydon

Big lineup:
Howard, white, lydon, Roberson, chukwu

Best overall lineup balancing offense and defense :
Gillon, battle, lydon, Roberson, chukwu

I like that fast break lineup. They could average 85. But I don't think Rico is the foul happy enforcer we'd want back there on a press. That formation will be reserved for Chewy, I believe.

Oh great another one of these threads :bang:

Though some people lack reading comprehension, this is not a thread about who should start.

Who starts is not necessarily who's best. Also that's not the point of this.
What in PC's career indicates he should play ahead of our FF center in meaningful minutes?

What in PC's career indicates he should play ahead of our FF center in meaningful minutes?

Think with the athleticism, length and scoring potential around him all he needs to do is be 7'2 with his arms up in the middle of the zone. I don't think he's a better center. I just think he gives our zone a more formidable appearance and possibly performance as well.

I think Coleman obviously starts. But I think Chukwu's potential defensive impact defending around the rim outweighs what offense and rebounding Coleman has shown.

Basically, I think a zone with lydon/Chukwu/Roberson is more formidable than Lydon/coleman/Roberson. Neither center will impact much offensively unless Coleman unleashes some of that big man potential.

They'll probably split minute like Keita and Christmas.

Gillon
Battle
White
Lydon
Coleman

Gillon
Battle
White
Roberson
Lydon

Gillon
Battle
White
Lydon
Chukwu

We have 4 players that can play the 5, 3 for the 4, 3 for the 3, 2 for the 2, and 3 for the 1. In a given game there are 216 combinations. My apologies if someone can be more precise. 5 = TT, Chewy, DC2, Rico; 4 = Robe, TT, Rico; 3 = W3, Rico, MM; 2 = W3, Battle; 1 = Howard, Gillon, Battle.

Last edited:
We have 4 players that can play the 5, 3 for the 4, 3 for the 3, 2 for the 2, and 3 for the 1. In a given game there are 216 combinations. My apologies if someone can be more precise. 5 = TT, Chewy, DC2, Rico; 4 = Robe, TT, Rico; 3 = W3, Rico, MM; 2 = W3, Battle; 1 = Howard, Gillon, Battle.

from what I hear, MM's game is more 4ish than 3

as to the OP's question:

speed team of Gillon, Battle, White, Robe and Lydon

shut down squad of Frankie, White, Lydon, Robe and Chuckwu

spit hot fire team of Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan and Dylan

Not sure this is our best lineup, but our starting lineup:
Gillon, Battle, White, Roberson & Coleman

When is the last time we had the possibility to start four seniors and a freshman. That is unheard of in this day and age.

Think with the athleticism, length and scoring potential around him all he needs to do is be 7'2 with his arms up in the middle of the zone. I don't think he's a better center. I just think he gives our zone a more formidable appearance and possibly performance as well.

I think Coleman obviously starts. But I think Chukwu's potential defensive impact defending around the rim outweighs what offense and rebounding Coleman has shown.

Basically, I think a zone with lydon/Chukwu/Roberson is more formidable than Lydon/coleman/Roberson. Neither center will impact much offensively unless Coleman unleashes some of that big man potential.

They'll probably split minute like Keita and Christmas.
Not sure I see his scoring potential.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/players/playerpage/2152792

I hope he has improved significantly and can be all that folks on here want him to be, but his past performance doesn't indicate a great ability to score. The block rate was good though.

Not sure I see his scoring potential.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/players/playerpage/2152792

I hope he has improved significantly and can be all that folks on here want him to be, but his past performance doesn't indicate a great ability to score. The block rate was good though.

I don't think anyone is expecting a lot of offense. Maybe some lobs and put backs. He had a good block percentage in limited PT as a freshman. He's tall and looooong, gets up and down the floor well and has decent hands. He has a season here to learn the zone. JB has mentioned that he is going to be a really good shot blocker. Look at Fab from Freshman to Sophomore. This kid was comparable as a Freshman, I'm not suggesting he will have the impact Fab did as a Sophomore but its completely reasonable to expect a shot blocking defensive presence that will make a difference for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom