Zach Allen - ESPN | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen - ESPN

Rocco

Watching you.
Here's an excerpt from his ESPN Scouting Report:

He is a passer first, runner second with nice pocket savvy to elude and extend plays. He is well built with a wiry, but strong frame that is only going to get bigger and stronger -- we like his measurable upside. He gets set quickly and shows quick feet in the pocket. Has good arm strength, puts good zip on downfield passes and flashes the ability to throw into tight spaces. Puts good touch on passes when he is not rushed and balanced to set his feet, flashes the ability to lead receivers and can be extremely efficient when gets into a rhythm. Buys a lot of second-chance passing opportunities with his feet. Is an efficient passer when on the run and is extremely difficult to defend when he breaks contain. Is almost always in the shotgun and he gets good depth to see the field and read progressions.

Sounds good to me, we could use a little of that now. Can't wait to see him in Orange.

he's going to flourish here...now the WRs need to come in and catch consistently.

We will be hearing a lot of Allen to Funderbunk & Thompson next season.

Here's an excerpt from his ESPN Scouting Report:

He is a passer first, runner second with nice pocket savvy to elude and extend plays. He is well built with a wiry, but strong frame that is only going to get bigger and stronger -- we like his measurable upside. He gets set quickly and shows quick feet in the pocket. Has good arm strength, puts good zip on downfield passes and flashes the ability to throw into tight spaces. Puts good touch on passes when he is not rushed and balanced to set his feet, flashes the ability to lead receivers and can be extremely efficient when gets into a rhythm. Buys a lot of second-chance passing opportunities with his feet. Is an efficient passer when on the run and is extremely difficult to defend when he breaks contain. Is almost always in the shotgun and he gets good depth to see the field and read progressions.

Sounds good to me, we could use a little of that now. Can't wait to see him in Orange.
The Anti-Nassib!

We need some Zach Allen tall tales.

I've got one:

Zach Allen was an extra in Remember The Titans, best known for being the stand in for quarterback Ronnie "Sunshine" Bass on the Titans game winning end around, in which the character "Sunshine" Bass is the lead blocker for "Rev" from the QB position, and takes out two defenders to clear the way for "Rev's" TD.

Being an extra in Remember The Titans was a pivotal time for Zach Allen romantically as well, as the film provided him the opportunity to meet his highschool sweetheart Hayden Pannettiere.

We will be hearing a lot of Allen to Funderbunk & Thompson next season.
Agreed and don't sleep on Foster. HCDM was really bummed when he got hurt.

I wouldn't count assib out just yet in terms of performance. If he gets the blocking and doesn't tuck,run and fumble he will be OK and get some points on the board.:p
Congrats Cali on a very prophetic post made hours before the beat down!

Another huge game for Zach

http://kdhnews.com/kdhpressbox/scho...cle_552d7d08-1a86-11e2-a58b-0019bb30f31a.html

Sounds like he had nearly 200yds on the ground, a 66yd TD run, TD passes of 35yds, 45yds, 5yds and a 31yd game winning TD with 16 seconds left.
If we can provide Zack with some quality WR teammates this kid is going to be a heisman hopeful for the Orangemen. I think that finding another CB and returning Brandon Reddish to offense is a solution that hasn't been considered.:(

If we can provide Zack with some quality WR teammates this kid is going to be a heisman hopeful for the Orangemen. I think that finding another CB and returning Brandon Reddish to offense is a solution that hasn't been considered.:(

Crowning a kid as heisman-like before he even sees a day of practice. Let's not be premature or anything

Crowning a kid as heisman-like before he even sees a day of practice. Let's not be premature or anything
Yeah, plus we already have Cam Newton 2 on the team.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I'm not ready to start crowning Zach yet, especially as a starter or anything...but his numbers and talent seem to be far superior than any soon-to-be frosh QB in a long time. This is not Broyld going 1500/1500 and 20TDs in Class AA in NY. It's almost hard to imagine being able to see this kind of talent on a HS field in NY, other than Mike Hart..and he did that against some of the smallest schools in the state, and we all know how good of a career he had at Michigan (albeit mostly unhealthy). Here's to hoping Zach doesn't get burnt out or injured in his usage at Temple

My thoughts are only that the kid has the potential to be viewed as such provided he has adequate support from his teammate at the WE and RB position and most importantly the O-line.:cool:

How is Loeb starting next season any better for the program. Coaches have seen nothing in practice to warrant him getting any snaps in a game (except when Nassib lost his helmet) and Broyld is having trouble grasping the playbook at RB. If Loeb starts next year in the ACC we will play our first to season in the league with rookie QB's. Allen is Marrrone's guy and he will start next year.

Not to hijack this thread over a random Cali statement but...

Cali, Reddish is by far our best cover corner. It's way harder to find a good corner than a good receiver, IMO. He is also a better corner than he is a receiver. Why on earth would we move him?

only in spring practice...
Spring practice won't be the only time you get that/those combo completions.Add Parris and Provo along with Lewis Cornelius to the mix. Hale and Flemming should also bein there along with Clark. I believe Nate could be using Clark far more effectively.;)

How is Loeb starting next season any better for the program. Coaches have seen nothing in practice to warrant him getting any snaps in a game (except when Nassib lost his helmet) and Broyld is having trouble grasping the playbook at RB. If Loeb starts next year in the ACC we will play our first to season in the league with rookie QB's. Allen is Marrrone's guy and he will start next year.
Funny because it's quite the contrary. They've seen in practice that Loeb's the most poised and accurate out of the other options. Broyld is having trouble grasping the playbook at RB? Really. That's news to the staff.

Allen won't start next year unless he comes in looking like Donovan McNabb. Don't speak on subjects that you really don't know about.

Funny because it's quite the contrary. They've seen in practice that Loeb's the most poised and accurate out of the other options. Broyld is having trouble grasping the playbook at RB? Really. That's news to the staff.

Allen won't start next year unless he comes in looking like Donovan McNabb. Don't speak on subjects that you really don't know about.

Heck McNabb didn't start his true freshman year looking like McNabb.

As excited I am about these two new qb's coming out of high school I realize that these two guys are coming out of high school and Leob knows the system in and out.

LOL - this is the classic "making stuff up because I think I know what's going on because I own a lot of SU apparel" post.

+1. If Allen starts next year, I'll be impressed. That would mean he beat out a 5th yr senior who is both physically and mentally mature.

I am 95% sure Loeb will start and will be ok... He throws a good deep ball and runs well. Not sure how he is under pressure (slow release).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom