Zach Allen LOI in...happy with scheme and Shafer! | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen LOI in...happy with scheme and Shafer!

Ha, I still cannot figure out who is saying what on twitter but saw this reading the transcript of the Dr. Gross interview, so that must be good news...
Chris McManus@ChrisESPNCNY
Zach Allen says he just sent in his LOI. He says the scheme will not change and he's happy with Scott Shafer. Per @NewsChannel9

Expand
OK, someone help. I thought LOI's for HS kids could not be sent in until February. Does this mean that even though he signed it and has delivered it, the school cannot officially "accept" it and that Zach is not bound by it until the official date in February?

Finally, I can step off the ledge.

Feel much better today after giving in to full meltdown last night. Excited as heck for Coach Shafer and confident SU will pull the plug quickly if its obvious things don't work out as well as we hope.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

OK, someone help. I thought LOI's for HS kids could not be sent in until February. Does this mean that even though he signed it and has delivered it, the school cannot officially "accept" it and that Zach is not bound by it until the official date in February?

He's enrolling for the Spring semester.

This is some really good news. Gus and Smith are next hopefully.

Who is going to be in charge of setting up the "Zach Allen Fan Club"?

If all goes well he could end up being one of the most popular players in program history.

He's enrolling for the Spring semester.
But there is no early signing period for early HS enrollees, right? I thought that early enrollees just enroll, start classes, then submit their official LOI first week of February.

This kid has talked up SU since day 1. Stayed committed in the face of sharks circling the waters. He has an inside track as being a serious fan favorite. This makes the loss of dm and nh a bit more tolerable. Great news for SU nation.

Wouldn't that imply they are promoting someone from within? Is it common to hire someone new and say "Here's the playbook. Good luck."? (I don't know, serious question)

But there is no early signing period for early HS enrollees, right? I thought that early enrollees just enroll, start classes, then submit their official LOI first week of February.

I don't think the early kids really have to sign anything. Once they are students at their college in January, that's that.

Wouldn't that imply they are promoting someone from within? Is it common to hire someone new and say "Here's the playbook. Good luck."? (I don't know, serious question)

Not necessarily... but if external, it would likely be someone with similar spread style experience/knowledge I think... Also, many good OC's are multifaceted and are knowledgeable in and capable of implementing/calling a number style schemes...

Really had a feeling this kid was solid - just something about him.

I'm guessing what he just signed and sent in were his scholarship papers. I don't know if that really binds him to SU, but I don't think it's going to be an issue.