Zach Allen named to Elite 11 camp | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen named to Elite 11 camp

Alabama sucked 7 years ago... Obviously their ceiling is quite a bit higher than ours. But no reason we can't be a Ga Tech.

I am not being a negative nancy. I was just stating that it went from 12 players to 25 this year. Still a great accomplishment.

And your assessment of dilfer and romo is hilarious. no way that was the overall feel of those 2 players on wed. Funny how some nice words of our qb commit changes that. Dilfer is known to be the worst super bowl qb of all time and romo is romo.

No one said Dilfer was a good quarterback, he even admits he isnt. But right now he is one of the best evaluators out there. He watches more film than anyone. One of the only analyst out there that I enjoy listening to. He gives you information he see's in the film, not a biased view.

Trent Dilfer is widely respected among the industry peers for his knowledge on the subject of young QB prospects ... the man knows what to look for and understands the position and its requirements to be successful

You are off the Broyld bandwagon? How can you immediately declare him a starter as a true freshman?
I think Broyld has a very good chance of being the starter next season. Allen would be coming in as a highly rated kid at QB. Perhaps the highest since McNabb. Given the toal package I'll put my faith in ZA. Time tells all.:rolleyes:

Honestly I think Brad Johnson was the worst QB to ever play in a Super Bowl ... the one thing Dilfer did do was put up some amazing numbers at the NCAA level ... while he wasn't a lights out pro he sure could chuck it at the collegiate level ... there was a reason he was selected in the first round by Tampa. He knows how to succeed at each level and if he likes what Zach Allen has that is enough for me. But if you don't agree go look at Dilfer's numbers when he played for Fresno ...

Honestly I think Brad Johnson was the worst QB to ever play in a Super Bowl ... the one thing Dilfer did do was put up some amazing numbers at the NCAA level ... while he wasn't a lights out pro he sure could chuck it at the collegiate level ... there was a reason he was selected in the first round by Tampa. He knows how to succeed at each level and if he likes what Zach Allen has that is enough for me. But if you don't agree go look at Dilfer's numbers when he played for Fresno ...

That's not really my point. And I really don't want to argue with everything. I actually like Trent and I like romo... But I honestly believe I was in the minority on this board that liked them 4 days ago. They are both pretty unpopular people...

My point is that Our fan base attaches themselves to these people and then defends them that they "are the best evaluators" when they say something nice about our recruits. But scout and rivals is horrible and have no idea what they are talking about because our team ranking hasn't been above 44 in 12 years.

That's not really my point. And I really don't want to argue with everything. I actually like Trent and I like romo... But I honestly believe I was in the minority on this board that liked them 4 days ago. They are both pretty unpopular people...

My point is that Our fan base attaches themselves to these people and then defends them that they "are the best evaluators" when they say something nice about our recruits. But scout and rivals is horrible and have no idea what they are talking about because our team ranking hasn't been above 44 in 12 years.

Well I am not sure what group I belong in ... I like Dilfer as an analyst ... I also like Gruden a lot as well. In my opinion our recruiting is improving and will continue to do so. I think one of the main points made was that Allen suddenly jumps to #22 in the ESPN rankings just because he is selected to this camp ... and you see players fluctuate so often that it is very difficult to look at these rankings and gain a feel for how good each class is until they take the field ... except in the rare cases like Alabama, LSU, FSU, etc. Even though our rankings don't reflect it (at least not right now) I think our recruiting is improving from the standpoint that even though our overall ranking might not climb we are getting a large quantity of quality players ... where in the past the guys who were our rating boosters (Baskin, DePreaster, Pierce to name a few) never even saw the field and skewed our class rankings.

I still hate Dilfer and Romo, this doesn't change it either. At the same time, I'm going to put more into their opinion on QB's than mine, yours, or anybody else's on here. I don't get why I have to like someone to respect their opinion?

That isn't true. People are putting more stock in their opinion because Dilfer and Romo just watched the kid play in person, which evaluators from Scout / Rivals haven't, other than highlight films.

Personally speaking, I like Scout and Rivals because their data base is a decent source of information for checking out the offer lists, etc. that recruiting prospects have. Even then, the information isn't complete and is often out of date. And I've never put much stock in their evaluations / ratings--an opinion that was reinforced when 30-Second Bob L made his absurd proclamation about 10 years ago.

Good grief the kid was one of 25 players out of over a 1000 ... what more does he have to do? Quite frankly when is the last time we had a QB recruit garner his type of attention ... DNabb maybe? Just because they upped the number to 25 you feel that still isn't quite an accomplishment?
Ummm... I think you're quoting the wrong post. I have done nothing but praise this kid and the story with every post and have actually said almost exactly what you just said in earlier posts of mine. I think you wanted to refute the dude from atlanta.

Ummm... I think you're quoting the wrong post. I have done nothing but praise this kid and the story with every post and have actually said almost exactly what you just said in earlier posts of mine. I think you wanted to refute the dude from atlanta.

I was agreeing with a sarcastic twist ... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom