Zach Allen now 3-star on Rivals | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen now 3-star on Rivals

I think Austin Wilson and Arciniega also got bumps. Maybe the increased attention to the situation resulted in a re-evaluation to this year's crop of recruits, and thus a bump in their star ratings. This should move Cuse up the recruiting rankings as well. Has this happened?

they've always been 3 stars.

In fact rivals rates Allen a low mid 3 star at that numeric 5.6 rating (which is the same as laviano cough cough).

I thought Zack had been a 3-start on Rivals for some time, it is Scout that still has him as a 2-star and like the 80th best QB in the nation - this for a kid that made the TOP25 at the Elite 11 camp.:mad:

Now, Austin is definitely a bump.

I think Austin Wilson and Arciniega also got bumps. Maybe the increased attention to the situation resulted in a re-evaluation to this year's crop of recruits, and thus a bump in their star ratings. This should move Cuse up the recruiting rankings as well. Has this happened?
If #72 is up..

Yup, been a 3 star all along on Rivals. Can't speak to Scout's rating. I kind of thought after the Elite 11 exposure and his season it might go to 4.

Yup, been a 3 star all along on Rivals. Can't speak to Scout's rating. I kind of thought after the Elite 11 exposure and his season it might go to 4.
Scout are a bunch of clowns. Last time I checked, ZA was rated 78th best QB. Stevie Wonder could do a better job evaluating talent than those gurus.

ZA had offers from: SU, K St, Oklahoma St, Clemson, TCU, Iowa St, and very heavy interest from Texas.

Sounds like a 2 star to me.

now ZA really did get his bump from rivals. 5.5 to 5.7 #20 dual threat to #18

wonder if he stays at cuse if he gets bumped?

now ZA really did get his bump from rivals. 5.5 to 5.7 #20 dual threat to #18

wonder if he stays at cuse if he gets bumped?

Yep he did get bumped. From 5.6 to 5.7 and #20 to #18

Since rivals does their overall ratings based on a points scale TCU as a team will receive a nice bump in the ratings because of the jump to 5.7 - even though his 'star' rating doesn't change. They can make the point change and nobody notices.

shhhhhh the ratings aren't fixed.

shhhhhh the ratings aren't fixed.

And like many here, you're wrong about the star systems. Fixed? Because he announced big bad TCU instead of SU?

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Its the last push to signing day, so the recruiting sites are fully ramped up. So...

Trusting View: The evaluators are rushing to get as many done in this class as accurately as possible. When recruits are mentioned in alot of stories, they will get someones attention who will make sure their evaluation is accurate.

Jaded View: People like to hear good things about the recruits going to their schools. Players getting bumps makes them seem more desirable and fans will check the websites more often to continue to hear good things, along with making sure that their school can hold onto the now-more-valuable players down the homestretch. So you get near across the board increases in ratings, especially for players in the mix at multiple places (or schools with high hit counts).

IIRC, there are set numbers of players that can be rated either 5* or 4* (top 50/100 or top 100/250 maybe). So moving someone from 3* to 4* means another player has to be downgraded. Rivals is smart with their points system, as they can "upgrade" players without messing with the quotas. I'd be interested in seeing a breakdown of the number of high 3*s vs low ones.

And like many here, you're wrong about the star systems. Fixed? Because he announced big bad TCU instead of SU?

I was talking about the point system not the stars system. And no I'm not wrong.

Zach Allen now 10 stars, 4 stripes, 2 smiley faces and a half a gold star.

I was talking about the point system not the stars system. And no I'm not wrong.

Well sering as how we used to be there for a few years and I had to deal with those guys and you didn't, I'd say that me saying its not fixed is correct. Now if you want to bang on a particular person for cheating, be ny guest. But the concept is not rigged. Did Allen get bumped at all for his elite camp performance? And since you said the system was fixed because Allen got a .1 bump, what proof is there?

Well sering as how we used to be there for a few years and I had to deal with those guys and you didn't, I'd say that me saying its not fixed is correct. Now if you want to bang on a particular person for cheating, be ny guest. But the concept is not rigged. Did Allen get bumped at all for his elite camp performance? And since you said the system was fixed because Allen got a .1 bump, what proof is there?

Zach Allen is getting a bump, ironically right after Clemson, K St, TCU, and Ok St offered him 3 weeks before signing day.

Gus Edwards was listed on Rivals for over a year as a RB. He commits to Syracuse, as a RB, and is still listed as a RB. FSU offers him as a fullback 2 months ago, and instantly he's now reflected and ranked as a FB, simply because FSU offered him at that position.

Is Zach Allen any better or worse a recruit the day before he received those offers? Should Gus Edwards be ranked as a FB simply because 1 school is recruiting him at that position, whereas the other 20 were recruiting him as a tailback/linebacker, including the one he's committed to?

The problem with the recruiting sites isn't the top 250 recruits - there's too much exposure there to pull too much BS. It's the 2/3 star recruits, and since that's where we tend to play, it leads to a lot of frustration. The big school/site analysts have far too much ability to influence that level of recruit, and often it's based upon nothing other than bias towards whatever site they cater to. MF was public enemy #1 in that respect for a long time.

Reactions: CIL
Who gives a about stars or scout or rivals or ESPN. I trust the staff period, not some clown from a website who wished he played football and now thinks he can evaluate talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom