Zach Allen to compete in the Elite 11 QB showcase | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen to compete in the Elite 11 QB showcase

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
in Redondo Beach, Calif July 18-22

I would seem to think that is a very good thing for Zach & the Syracuse program as Zach has been an active recruiter for us.

ESPN

There is an elite finals on ESPN U at 5:30 today... Not sure what year It's from but just a heads up

HCDM does it again. A litely recruited kid given 2 stars on some web site by a guy who can play madden on xbox but not throw a football 2 yards in real life, is now making national headlines. Where's everyone who said he was no good because he only had offers from north texas, etc.

If I am correct this is the National finals meaning the best from each region only get the invite.

Am I the only one not exactly thrilled by this news? Maybe it's my central New York upbringing, but with this type of exposure I'm already thinking of him as someone who will back out of his verbal commitment and go someplace else. :bang:

Can the next under the radar recruit we get, stay under the radar until they actually start playing games for us, please?

Cheers,
Neil

Am I the only one not exactly thrilled by this news? Maybe it's my central New York upbringing, but with this type of exposure I'm already thinking of him as someone who will back out of his verbal commitment and go someplace else. :bang:

Can the next under the radar recruit we get, stay under the radar until they actually start playing games for us, please?

Cheers,
Neil
well he has been actively recruiting for us ... including a big WR prospect out of Dallas

well he has been actively recruiting for us ... including a big WR prospect out of Dallas

Isn't he the recruit that was waiting on Oklahoma State to offer him? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

Cheers,
Neil

Isn't he the recruit that was waiting on Oklahoma State to offer him? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

Cheers,
Neil
OSU is done with QB's ... they landed Jack Del Rio's son

Great news no matter how you slice it even though history tells me to cross my fingers that he stays with SU. I wasn't raised in CNY, but my father was. More solid evidence that this staff does a fantastic job spotting talent and going after it. That's what I care about most.

Cheers,
Neil

If he was the exact same player but remained under the radar 50% of this board would be complaining because he's another under the radar recruit.

At least this gives a bit more vindication to the coaches talent scouting abilities and gives them something to work with on the recruiting trail. Highly regarded WRs will want to play with highly regarded QBs.

OSU is done with QB's ... they landed Jack Del Rio's son

Okay. I just read TOS article about this and feel much much better now. Seems very firm in his commitment to us and has a good head on his shoulders.

If he is indeed another Colt McCoy, could be the turnaround this program needs.

Cheers,
Neil

Trent Dilfer and Tony Romo love Zach. Dilfer's description of what Zach brings to the table is awesome, and then Dilfer says SU is very, very, very lucky to have Zach. A football player at QB with quickness of foot and quickness of vision and with a solid arm is something to be very excited about.

Trent Dilfer and Tony Romo love Zach. Dilfer's description of what Zach brings to the table is awesome, and then Dilfer says SU is very, very, very lucky to have Zach. A football player at QB with quickness of foot and quickness of vision and with a solid arm is something to be very excited about.
Dilfer said that they looked at over 1000 QB's and came down to these 25. He also mentioned they threw away star ratings as a criteria.

Dilfer said that they looked at over 1000 QB's and came down to these 25. He also mentioned they threw away star ratings as a criteria.

He said some not invited were better but these where player with drive and leadership.

He said some not invited were better but these where player with drive and leadership.

He said that there were good kids not invited and some of them might very well end up being pros but he wasn't saying they were better than kids who were invited. The group being invited was the best group that met all their criteria. He did say they weren't just going to invite all the '5 star' QBs, that they were going to evaluate everybody and invite the kids who possess all the qualities that a QB should possess - drive and leadership are pretty important things for a QB.

He said that there were good kids not invited and some of them might very well end up being pros but he wasn't saying they were better than kids who were invited. The group being invited was the best group that met all their criteria. He did say they weren't just going to invite all the '5 star' QBs, that they were going to evaluate everybody and invite the kids who possess all the qualities that a QB should possess - drive and leadership are pretty important things for a QB.
In other words, they used the Marrone system and not the scouting services. :)

YES! THANKS,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom