Zach Mahoney | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Mahoney

Some well thought out responses, I get it, people love QB's.

Doesn't change the fact that he played QB as a gift. Beating a stud Fr QB? Still a FR coming off an ACL who didn't throw a ball last season? Cmon.

Nobody knows what 95% of each of a walk-ons contributions have been. They're more valuable throughout the week than they should be on Saturdays. A walk on is a walk on, whether or not they found their way to the lineup via injury. This is going to sound brutal, but in all honesty, if everything goes according to plan he'll never see the field again. And that should be considered a good thing because it means #2's on the field.

We are ridiculously thin at QB.
Especially given what we've seen in the past couple years. Honestly, kudos to Mahoney for winning the #2, but let's not act like he beat out a handful of guys to get there.
Thats one of the reasons why. We are thin at QB and Dungey is 1 scramble away from another head injury. The back up QB position is huge. We all know that, even if your a big QB guy or not. People win position battles all the time due to injuries. In that situation you either keep the position or you lose it when that person returns. If Mahoney beats out Wilson and Culpepper, remains the back up for this season, he deserves it. If that doesnt happen, thn he doesnt get one. I know for a fact that all the players on the team are pushing for him to get it. He is loved by everyone. He has a special hand shake for every person on the team. Im impressed that he can remember them all. That should warrant a scholarship itself Finwad lol.

Thats one of the reasons why. We are thin at QB and Dungey is 1 scramble away from another head injury. The back up QB position is huge. We all know that, even if your a big QB guy or not. People win position battles all the time due to injuries. In that situation you either keep the position or you lose it when that person returns. If Mahoney beats out Wilson and Culpepper, remains the back up for this season, he deserves it. If that doesnt happen, thn he doesnt get one. I know for a fact that all the players on the team are pushing for him to get it. He is loved by everyone. He has a special hand shake for every person on the team. Im impressed that he can remember them all. That should warrant a scholarship itself Finwad lol.
Guys like that are fun to be around. I'm glad we have him. Regardless my thoughts on walk ins and who deserves a scholly, I hope he gets one.

Guys like that are fun to be around. I'm glad we have him. Regardless my thoughts on walk ins and who deserves a scholly, I hope he gets one.
I have a feeling you abused the walk on players on your team Fin. lol

I know for a fact that all the players on the team are pushing for him to get it. He is loved by everyone.
If he can hold onto the #2 spot, I could see a video like this coming out sometime this summer...

Being a mobile QB doesn't matter in this offense. If he's the backup after fall camp I'll eat my hat.

When you do not have a doninating O-line mobility matters no matter the offense. By that I mean when the defense breaks through, and they will, the QB must be able to buy a little time to make a play, not that he should be a major rush threat for the offense.

Last edited:
I have a feeling you abused the walk on players on your team Fin. lol
Lol, na, I love walk-ons. They're almost always the most selfless guys on the team and the hardest workers on the field. They play for the love of the game, which you can't always say about more talented guys.

I love seeing them get scholarships. But, in my eyes, the guy whose been doing it for his entire career with no recognition deserves it the most.

I can appreciate why everyone thinks Mahoney should be at the front of the line though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom