Zachary Allen Commits | Syracusefan.com

Zachary Allen Commits

He was MVP (qb) of NLA Showcase of top prospects in Texas last month displaying excellent footwork and uncanny accuracy ... labeled as an up and comer starting to draw major interest

He was MVP (qb) of NLA Showcase of top prospects in Texas last month displaying excellent footwork and uncanny accuracy ... labeled as an up and comer starting to draw major interest
Our staff has a great ability to get on kids early. Once we get them to start committing we will take off.

He and Austin sound similar on both counts--good attributes / capabilities for QB prospects, IMO.

Great get! Hopefully this gets the Texas recruiting ball rolling.

I don't know why, but I always get way more excited about commits firm Texas and Florida. Oh, wait, I know why...because those states have insanely good high school football.

I don't know why, but I always get way more excited about commits firm Texas and Florida. Oh, wait, I know why...because those states have insanely good high school football.

Add Ohio into the mix.

And agree 100%--if you are a stud / all-state caliber performer from one of those states, you can play.

from his hudl clip the kid looks really accurate. I know it is a highlight film but the receivers never had to adjust to any throws. Looks like he has a decent arm and when you are that accurate you don't need to have a cannon. Kid looks to have good quick feet on his drop backs. Has a quick release and a good throwing motion. Not a game breaker running the ball but has some shake and at least should be a threat to run. Has a thin frame but once he fills it out it looks like he's got a shot to be pretty good. I like it. We can work with a kid like this.

"I felt like God led me on the right path and that path was Syracuse University" Now THAT is what I call a street agent!

Judging by this video he plays in a similar offense to ours. Lots of bootlegs, quick slants, etc.

I basically have no idea how good any of these kids are, but it's a lot more exciting when we get commitments from offensive skill talent from powerhouse states. Looks like a good pickup, now we've got to keep him and keep the ball rolling.

Zach Allen is now listed as a soft verbal.
Syracusefan.com bio.

I really like his film. He has a strong arm, a quick release, good mechanics and is also very quick and agile. Looks like he played against good competition too, and that his HS offense is quite similar to what he will be running here.

He is a January enrollee. From what I have seen, he has a decent chance to come in and win a starting job from day 1.

Temple HS is in central Texas, about halfway between Austin and Dallas. They are a class 5A school. Excellent program that has played in 7 state championship games for football and won in 1979 (4A) and 1992 (5A). They started playing in 1907 and I believe have the 4th most wins of any HS in Texas

Temple will play defending state champ Southlake Carroll in a battle of two of the best HS programs in Texas at Cowboys Stadium this fall as part of the Lone Star Football Festival. Good opportunity for Allen to showcase his skills there.

The Temple HC, Mike Spradlin, is perhaps best known because his daughter just won a million dollars competing on the 24th season of Survivor.

Syracusefan.com bio.

I really like his film. He has a strong arm, a quick release, good mechanics and is also very quick and agile. Looks like he played against good competition too, and that his HS offense is quite similar to what he will be running here.

He is a January enrollee. From what I have seen, he has a decent chance to come in and win a starting job from day 1.

Temple HS is in central Texas, about halfway between Austin and Dallas. They are a class 5A school. Excellent program that has played in 7 state championship games for football and won in 1979 (4A) and 1992 (5A). They started playing in 1907 and I believe have the 4th most wins of any HS in Texas

Their HC, Mike Spradlin, is perhaps best known because his daughter was in the 24th season of Survivor.

Well, I for one hope he has a better career than the last Spring semester enrollee we got from Texas, Mr. Joe Fields. Though Joe was a standup guy and a good athlete, I think we can all agree his time at the Cuse was a little disappointing.

I am hopeful that I will be speaking with him today to go more in depth about his 'Cuse commitment.

Well, I for one hope he has a better career than the last Spring semester enrollee we got from Texas, Mr. Joe Fields. Though Joe was a standup guy and a good athlete, I think we can all agree his time at the Cuse was a little disappointing.
Joe was put in an impossible situation at QB when he arrived at SU, yet still developed into a solid starting safety - I was not disappointed at all as the kid showed a lot of heart and stuck it out with SU.

Syracusefan.com bio.

Temple will play defending state champ Southlake Carroll in a battle of two of the best HS programs in Texas at Cowboys Stadium this fall as part of the Lone Star Football Festival. Good opportunity for Allen to showcase his skills there.

The Temple HC, Mike Spradlin, is perhaps best known because his daughter just won a million dollars competing on the 24th season of Survivor.

When I saw that the staff was recruiting in Texas I was hoping that they would be looking at the SouthLake Dragons. Excellent football program, fantastic academics (lot of Ivy kids) and lots of transplants. I wouldn't be surprised if Coach P tries to recruit there as that is where he lived when he was with the Cowboys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom