Zachary Allen Commits | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Zachary Allen Commits

@ottoingrotto

No more complaints about how we don't use the Dome as a selling point.

From an interview with his coach...
“People talk about cold and all that, but they have an excellent indoor facility and they play in a dome,” said Spradlin with a laugh. “That was a big selling point for him, as it should have been.”

Music to my ears.

I still don't know if you really get the point of my posts on that topic though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

@ottoingrotto

No more complaints about how we don't use the Dome as a selling point.

From an interview with his coach...
“People talk about cold and all that, but they have an excellent indoor facility and they play in a dome,” said Spradlin with a laugh. “That was a big selling point for him, as it should have been.”

As long as he isn't confusing it with this one.​
CowboysStadium.jpg

I don't immediately recognize that Dome, but judging by its sheer size, magnificence and a dollop of red, it must be associated with Rutgers, right?

I don't immediately recognize that Dome, but judging by its sheer size, magnificence and a dollop of red, it must be associated with Rutgers, right?

You're close. It's another team that hasn't been relevant in over a decade. :)

he is now running the baylor spread offense now.

hackett did visit him in january of this year.impressed the kid as we were in some tough recruiting battles for the '12 kids.

will be in january and seems to a real solid commit who will be recruiting other texas kids.

he also said he " hates losing more than winning"

said he had other big 10 offers and big 12 offers plus texas st. and utsa...minny, okkla.st, texas tech,tcu were names he mentioned,but said syracuse was his first BCS offer

The more I hear about Allen, the more I like him.

I like him, other than the slight build, but not sure he's the listed 6-2. Didn't we have another QB, Womack, I think, from Texas several years back?

I like him, other than the slight build, but not sure he's the listed 6-2. Didn't we have another QB, Womack, I think, from Texas several years back?
More than several years back. Around 1990. Pure option QB, ended up at DB eventually. I forget who it was against, but he jumped right over a guy on an option keeper one time.

More than several years back. Around 1990. Pure option QB, ended up at DB eventually. I forget who it was against, but he jumped right over a guy on an option keeper one time.

Mark McDonald was from Texas. He was a back-up to Scharr and Graves from 88-91. But he never got converted to DB.

Doug Womack was a few years later, he started as a QB and changed to DB.

Wasn't commenting on what you had to say (i agree with you). I was just pointing out (sarcastically) what Austin said when he first committed.
Here's the full quote from the Austin Wilson thread:

“And they made it clear I was their No. 1 guy. That was important to me. I didn’t want to be some back-up recruit.”

http://syracusefan.com/threads/austin-wilson.26848/page-2

Will be interesting to hear the next interview with him.

Mark McDonald was from Texas. He was a back-up to Scharr and Graves from 88-91. But he never got converted to DB.

sounds like jason poles from fla.

Jason Poles was from New Jersey. Sounds like Phil Nash from fla.

Anyone know if there is anyone else on his team that we have offered/are looking at?
There is some kid there who is an AA in lacrosse.

Here's the full quote from the Austin Wilson thread:

“And they made it clear I was their No. 1 guy. That was important to me. I didn’t want to be some back-up recruit.”

http://syracusefan.com/threads/austin-wilson.26848/page-2

Will be interesting to hear the next interview with him.
Garcia did an interview with him post Allen commitment and he's cool. Without breaking rules and giving away too much subscriber stuff he was basically called by Hackett and told beforehand and is cool with it.

I also recall Womack picked off Gino Torretta in the Dome when Miami was ranked #1, so that sets the time frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom