Zachary Allen Commits

Discussion in 'Football Recruiting Forum' started by terriers18, May 30, 2012.

1. Dmcnabbrules

Dmcnabbrules Starter

Yeah but he is only a two star. The kid from NY going to Rutgers is ranked higher and has more stars, so he is better right?

2. texascpa

texascpa All American

Son of a B, I hope Marrone and company can hold onto him.

3. bnoro

bnoro All American

The OrangeFizz is still wondering why we didn't give him a scholarship offer... Another reason why the star system is bunk. Laviano's a 4 star and had one BCS offer. Rutgers. BC pulled theirs.

4. orangepassion

orangepassion All Conference

OrangeMojo and texascpa like this.
  5. NailstheCusefan12

NailstheCusefan12 All Conference

6. OburgCuse

OburgCuse 2nd String

I watched the show last year on ESPN and it's pretty neat. This will be a great experience for Zach in a highly competitive learning environment.

7. JoeSU

JoeSU All Conference

lvilleorange likes this.
  8. texascpa

texascpa All American

That...was...f'in...AWESOME! I will take Trent's and Tony Romo's analysis over any of the recruiting services, but Scout should be embarrassed to have Zach still listed at 82 in the country.

9. SoBristol

SoBristol Starter

It is not a unique way of evaluating prospects -- it is the usual hard work of doing homework to recruit kids with metrics and potential and getting some mutual interest. We know we have to throw a wide net because Penn St and others typically get the first picks.

Football coaches at every MAC school know as much about evaluating kids as our coaches do. Seriously, what is that magic formula that separates our recruits from, say, those getting offers from UConn, or BC, or Akron?

Evaluating is a lot less important than getting engaged with the prospects, the personalities of guys like Hackett & Wheatley, or the closing skills of Doug Marrone.

For example, we offered early on Carter (Brighton HS) because our coaches should know about the Rochester area -- certainly know about the handful of sophs or juniors who get mentioned on the AGR team, and who have D1 size & speed. There isn't any magic in evaluating a kid who is 6 ft 1 in, 215, the frame to carry more weight, the speed to run for 1400 yds in 9 games, and good character. The key is to get Tyrone Wheatley speaking to the young man and his family and getting the young man to camp with us.

10. PhatOrange

PhatOrange Hall of Fame

I can't believe this isn't getting more play on the board. Our QB commit was named one of 25 finalists for the Elite 11. Then Dilfer adds he's like a young Colt McCoy and was Tony Romo's favorite QB at the Dallas workouts. Wow

OrangeMojo, CuseLegacy and RF2044 like this.
  11. Upstate

Upstate Hall of Fame

Wow, the news that Zach will be in the Elite 11 camp is a pretty big deal. The two-part series last year was terrific, and I think Dilfer does a great job with these kids and as an analyst altogether. Allen is starting to sound like one of those QBs that is going to come along under the radar, get his time in college and make a name for himself nationally. Would be huge for SU to have one of those guys, especially under center. All it takes is one to get the ball rolling. Doug really needs to hold on to this kid.

12. CuseLegacy

CuseLegacy Twitter Wizard Staff Member

Perhaps it should be posted separately under a new thread. Could be it is just getting missed here.

Upstate likes this.
  13. Rocco

Rocco Hall of Fame

I still hate Tony Romo, but love his comments about Zach.

ImperialOrange likes this.
  14. orangepassion

orangepassion All Conference

Agree-Was thinking of doing that when I posted the video-thought some might complain about it. Hope the staff sends this video to Gus Edwards and Laray Smith. Maybe even to Andrey Baskin.

Guy Fawkes likes this.
  15. texascpa

texascpa All American

I wonder if a great showing at the camp bumps him up even further nationally. The camp has to be the reason Rivals recently moved him to 22nd on their list -which seems to coincide with the selection of the camp (22nd QB invited).

16. SUFan44

SUFan44 All Conference

Wow. That's some high praise.

Going to be an interesting battle next year for the position. Not sure Allen is physically ready for D1 football yet, but Hunt better be on his P's and Q's this next year and make some serious progress.

17. bnoro

bnoro All American

Maybe he will be our RGIII.

(one can dream, right?)

18. cusestudent

cusestudent 2nd String

Easily the most important recruit for us to keep

19. CuseCrew08

CuseCrew08 2nd String

This, I hope he has a strong relationship with the coaches, and also he appreciates that SU was one of the first to offer him. I have a feeling a lot of B12 school will be knocking on his door in the next year...

cusestudent likes this.
  20. cusestudent

cusestudent 2nd String

I think a major factor with the Big 12 that goes to our advantage is most of them already have guys committed at QB. That's the only reason I'm not really that worried about him. He seems to be solid on SU and TCU is the only Big 12 team (that I worry about) that does not have a commit in the Elite 11 camp.

Web Hosting Service by Host Duplex