Zack Mahoney receives a scholarship | Syracusefan.com

Zack Mahoney receives a scholarship

Good for him. I wasn't a fan last year, but he's proving himself to the staff, and that's awesome.

This guy was a part time juco QB, comes to SU and wins the #3 and #2 spot. Played solid vs LSU and Clemson, two of the best defenses in the country, sends Shafer out with a BC win, had to learn a new high tempo offense. Still wins the back up spot. Most of you dont know he was ahead of Dungey at one point in the spring. I dont care how his throws look or how weak and inaccurate his arm looks, he deserves it, and I feel confident he can win us some games if needed.

Edit- but lets not get it twisted. Dungey is our best chance and he needs to stay healthy lol

Last edited:
The boy was a part time juco QB, comes to SU and wins the #3 and #2 spot. Played solid vs LSU and Clemson, two of the best defenses in the country, sends Shafer out with a BC win, had to learn a new high tempo offense. Still wins the back up spot. Most of you dont know he was ahead of Dungey at one point in the spring. I dont care how his throws look or how weak and inaccurate his arm looks, he deserves it, and I feel confident he can win us some games if needed.

Great news. Like Money states above, he deserves it.

wait he's still the backup? i can't believe this was a surprise then if that was the case. Is Culpepper redshirted?

Congrats to Zach.

Did Austin Wilson lose his? (JOKING).

Good for Zack. Nice story. Was thrown into the wolves, made some passes that looked like they were being thrown with the wrong arm, but still made enough plays to keep both the LSU and Clemson games compelling into the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
wait he's still the backup? i can't believe this was a surprise then if that was the case. Is Culpepper redshirted?

Congrats to Zach.

I don't think it was a surprise to the team.

But I'm surprised given his strengths last season were running the option. Lots of ppl assumed he'd get passed by Culpepper. And maybe Wilson (better arm for sure).

But that doesn't mean I'm not amped for him. I trust Babers eye for talent. He must be tearing it up throwing the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom