Class of 2014 - Zaire Franklin | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Zaire Franklin

i just want to point out in the second highlight that there are the same number of fans in the stands as a rutgers home game.

Really like his highlight tape. Looks like a real good player.

Zaire Franklin – LB – LaSalle College – C/O 2014

UPDATE 3/20/2013- Zaire Franklin was offered by Syracuse University.
Pennsylvania is known for producing great linebackers and Zaire Franklin out of LaSalle College High School is no exception. Franklin, a 6’1”, 217 pound junior, came on strong from game one of the 2012 season and established himself as a force to reckon with from the inside linebacker position. Franklin currently holds offers from Old Dominion, Villanova, Temple, UMass and Pittsburgh. He is currently receiving interest from the following schools: Penn State, Wisconsin, Syracuse, Boston College, Rutgers, Ohio State, Michigan State, North Carolina State, Georgia Tech, Maryland, UConn, and West Virginia.”
Franklin plays more at the inside linebacker position for LaSalle but he is being recruited as an outside linebacker. “I am mostly being recruited for outside linebacker or a weak-side inside linebacker at the next level”, said Franklin. With all the interest that he’s receiving, Franklin plans on taking a good number of visits in the upcoming months. “I’ve made visits to Pitt, Rutgers, Temple, Villanova, and Maryland. I plan on visiting Syracuse, UMass, Boston College, and hopefully Wisconsin or Virginia”. LaSalle College is a strong academic school and Franklin is looking for the same qualities in a college, as well as a great football program.
In the meantime, Franklin plans on continuing to get better during this offseason. “I want to continue to get stronger and faster to help improve my team”, he said. There’s no question that he will end up getting double-digit offers when it’s all said and done. His goal is to have a decision made before the beginning of the 2013 season. Franklin is not just thinking about himself during the offseason. “My goals for the season are to continue my team’s streak of Philadelphia Catholic League championship (currently stands at six) and to win a state championship.”
Cleezy’s Extra Point: Franklin has unlimited potential. He is a very strong tackler and has great instincts. He is rarely out of position and is an absolute tackling machine. What’s really impressive for a kid his size is his ability to drop back in pass coverage and be effective while doing it. Franklin is also a hard hitter and when called upon, can be a menace to quarterbacks as a pass-rusher. The best is yet to come from Zaire Franklin.

Visiting next week. Huge SU BBall fan. Good chance of a commitment on his visit.
considering his intentions in that article to take a bunch of visits and his potential to reach double-digits in offers - a commit on his visit to SU would be a good sign of a much more effective recruiting effort by the new staff

hope it happens

Reminds me of Shamarko, the way he moves and hits. Would make a great safety with his size if he can run!

Zaire Franklin – LB – LaSalle College – C/O 2014

UPDATE 3/20/2013- Zaire Franklin was offered by Syracuse University.
Pennsylvania is known for producing great linebackers and Zaire Franklin out of LaSalle College High School is no exception. Franklin, a 6’1”, 217 pound junior, came on strong from game one of the 2012 season and established himself as a force to reckon with from the inside linebacker position...
...Cleezy’s Extra Point: Franklin has unlimited potential. He is a very strong tackler and has great instincts. He is rarely out of position and is an absolute tackling machine. What’s really impressive for a kid his size is his ability to drop back in pass coverage and be effective while doing it. Franklin is also a hard hitter and when called upon, can be a menace to quarterbacks as a pass-rusher. The best is yet to come from Zaire Franklin.

But is he hard-nosed?

Looks like he may visit this weekend!

Good news. I really like this kid.

Is it me or does it seem like we're getting far more quality spring visitors than years past?

@ : Junior linebacker Zaire Franklin of Philadelphia (Pa.) LaSalle was just offered by #Syracuse #

We have a ton of great offers out there . It now a matter of sealing these offers to get that top echelon class under our name. Easy, right?

@CuseNationFOX: Syracuse coach Tim Daoust traveled to Pennsylvania today to visit 3-star LB Zaire Franklin

@ : Junior linebacker Zaire Franklin of Philadelphia (Pa.) LaSalle was just offered by #Syracuse #

He looks like a "must" get kind of kid. More prime time backers and CBs please!;)

@ : Syracuse coach Tim Daoust traveled to Pennsylvania today to visit 3-star LB Zaire Franklin

have a good chance at this kid. we really need to get this one. some big schools involved, but he actually wants to play for a team with an underdog mentality. sounds like we would be a perfect fit.

Must get if you ask me. I'll be extremely disappointed if he goes elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom