Zona going down tonight! | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Zona going down tonight!

This was like watching a Pitt team from the current era vs a Pitt team from the Carl Krauser / chevy troutman era.

Asu has to be the dumbest team in the country. They could have won about 5 different times. Typical Sendek coached team.

Not a technical for court storming there. Anyone remember SU - Pitt at the Dome.

Not a technical for hanging on the rim either. There was a player under him.

I think it's funny how the recap on sc makes it look like this game was good.

i like ASU's shocker better than Witchita's
asushocker.jpg

Last edited:
rrlbees said:
Asu has to be the dumbest team in the country. They could have won about 5 different times. Typical Sendek coached team. Not a technical for court storming here. Anyone remember SU - Pitt at the Dome. Not a technical for hanging on the rim either. There was a player under him.
Why he even shot it is a mystery. Total moron

i like ASU's shocker better than Whitchita's
That is my nightmare. The Shockers will go undefeated. maybe be the only undefeated team going into the tournament. That is just a nightmare. Nothing else.

Asu has to be the dumbest team in the country. They could have won about 5 different times. Typical Sendek coached team.

Not a technical for court storming there. Anyone remember SU - Pitt at the Dome.

It is if you do a chin-up - all day every day.

Ghost said:
It is if you do a chin-up - all day every day.

The initial action (of hanging) was not a technical. But after his teammate cleared out he continued to pull himself up. Absolutely should have been a technical.

As Moqui said...never should have shot it in the first place. Completely stupid.

44cuse

ASU is completely dysfunctional on offense, got crushed on the glass and still won. AZ struggling mightily without Ashley on offense.

Yep. Terrible execution. Their point guard is a poor man's Jonny Flynn, endlessly pounding the ball into the floor while the shot clock runs down. Except that ASU has only 1 guy who can shoot from outside and Jahii lacks the explosiveness of Flynn on the drive.

Both of them were terrible at the foul line. Arizona's point guard reminds me a bit of Ennis - not flashy, not overly athletic, but makes plays at key moments. Arizona also rebounds the hell out of the ball on defense. Terrible foul shooting team though. That will be their downfall in the tournament.

They'd never call it with a player under him, chin up or not.

Are you kidding? If you pull yourself up, bring the knees up and stick your head over the rim - yeah, they're calling it (at least they're supposed to). Hanging on the rim is allowed to protect yourself - not to engage in a celebration.

Honestly, player wasn't really under him - no danger. If he was, then pretty much that celebration could go on after 56% of dunks. He was doing pull-ups. They called Grant for pulling himself up earlier in the year - and he didn't do half that.

Edit - Yeah, he was under him well enough.

Even if its the Orange, hanging on the rim is a tech. Should be in the NBA too. Unless, of course for safety. Showboating dunks aren't cool.

Watching that game was painful. ASU is terrible. Watching that little water bug was nauseating. And Bill Walton trying to make this the game of the decade was deplorable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom