Zona is ballin' | Syracusefan.com

Zona is ballin'

I haven't watched that much of this game, but I've seen UCLA take three 3 pointers coming down the court with nobody anywhere near the basket to rebound their shot...except 2-3 Arizona players. Dumb.

Historically Zona is SU's western mirror image. Hopefully SU gets out of the Hopkins agreement like Zona did with Kevin O'Neil and can find a Sean Miller type from outside the program

Arizona is so fast on both ends of the court, they're just a blur.
Yes, everyone needs to jump on their bandwagon. They've always been my second favorite program since I had family move out there in the mid 90's and I embraced the 1997 NC team. Plus my niece graduated from U of A, so there is that connection.

I've been on the Sean Miller bandwagon for a long time. I really hope he pulls it off this season. They have some great talent. Plus since I bought my Final Four plane tickets, I am going to need someone to root for. Phoenix will be nuts if U of A is in the FF. I'm am also hoping UCLA makes it as well. That would make a very fun FF.

Yes, everyone needs to jump on their bandwagon. They've always been my second favorite program since I had family move out there in the mid 90's and I embraced the 1997 NC team. Plus my niece graduated from U of A, so there is that connection.

I've been on the Sean Miller bandwagon for a long time. I really hope he pulls it off this season. They have some great talent. Plus since I bought my Final Four plane tickets, I am going to need someone to root for. Phoenix will be nuts if U of A is in the FF. I'm am also hoping UCLA makes it as well. That would make a very fun FF.
Yeah Miller has to start winning though. He's got a top 3 recruiter, and will have a UK type squad next season. He's got to get over the hump and get a return on investment. Arizona is the only team in the west I've ever liked and have since Lute Olson. My hoops interest is 99.9% northeast.

Yeah Miller has to start winning though. He's got a top 3 recruiter, and will have a UK type squad next season. He's got to get over the hump and get a return on investment. Arizona is the only team in the west I've ever liked and have since Lute Olson. My hoops interest is 99.9% northeast.
Yup. This seems to be his "best" team. People minimize how hard it is to win that first one so I hope he gets it.

He is "winning." Plenty. Getting to a couple of E8s the past 2/3 years and being matched up with Wisconsin in those defeats (both one possession games and one in OT) is nothing to be ashamed of. I would think he has a long leash as long as relatively deep Tourney runs and strong regular seasons continue. Attendance is great there. We know now that Final 4 runs mean nothing to recruits when choosing a school, imo. He suffers early departures every year also and keeps the bus rolling.

Last edited:
He is "winning." Plenty. Getting to a couple of E8s the past 2/3 years and being matched up with Wisconsin in those defeats (both one possession games and one in OT) is nothing to be ashamed of. I would think he has a long leash as long as relatively deep Tourney runs and strong regular seasons continue. Attendance is great there. We know now that Final 4 runs mean nothing to recruits when choosing a school, imo. He suffers early departures every year also and keeps the bus rolling.
Yeah, I meant winning as far as getting to the next level, or over the hump, proving he can do it. Getting to the elite 8's is no small thing, but he's also getting richer in recruiting, and overall picture is trending upward for them.

It's crazy that the Zags will be the #1 seed out west.

I definitely didn't expect Gonzaga to lose but it will be interesting to see what happens assuming UCLA, Arizona or Oregon wins the Pac 12. Does the winner automatically leapfrog Gonzaga or do they still hold on to it. I know listening to people today it was a mixed bag. If the Zags win their conference tourney you would think they would still be a one seed. This year will definitely have some strong two seeds. East-Nova, South-UNC, MidWest-Kansas, West-Pac12 or Zags?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom