zone vs man | Syracusefan.com

zone vs man

upperdeck

Living Legend
I know that we play zone usually behind the blitz, but after rewatching the game i dont think i have ever seen a complete D play as poorly as we did Sat. against the pass

When we played man the corners technique broke down. when we played zone the lbs & safety were completely out of position. we missed tackle after tackle all game long.

and still we somehow kept them out of the endzone for close to 40 min.

there were also some really nice throws into small windows and some nice catches too.

We might as well play 8 in the box, go single high and play press man, at least the throws would be tougher most of the time. There were half a dozen plays the CMU didnt even have to beat anyone since the guys were competeley uncovered..

I know that we play zone usually behind the blitz, but after rewatching the game i dont think i have ever seen a complete D play as poorly as we did Sat. against the pass

When we played man the corners technique broke down. when we played zone the lbs & safety were completely out of position. we missed tackle after tackle all game long.

there were also some really nice throws into small windows and some nice catches too.

We might as well play 8 in the box, go single high and play press man, at least the throws would be tougher most of the time. There were half a dozen plays the CMU didnt even have to beat anyone since the guys were competeley uncovered..
Wrong board ;-)

They had a great gameplan. First half lots of stuff in the flats. Second half they changed to seam passes and circle routes. It is hard to cover both. The biggest issue in the first half was not being able to stop the run. If you have long yardage the throws to the flat won't get you first downs. The second half we never adjusted to what they were doing.

Personally I think teams rely too much on zone now a days. I also hate that it kind of negates the pass rush as the QB doesn't have to wait for a guy to get open. He knows where to go right away. So if a defender doesn't have a clear path to the QB it is a completion.

Our scheme isn't going to change. We will have to put up with high completion %'s since we rarely confuse a QB. We are always near the bottom nationally in that regard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom