Zone was really good when Bus was in | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zone was really good when Bus was in

I think he needs to be more patient with his shot. The defense is good for him so he should be picky about his jumpers but aggressive if there are openings to drive and dish. JB isn't going to pull Ron for his defense IMO but he will for jacking an ill advised shot or for being passive when he has an opening. Its tough to please JB when you are at that 7,8 spot in the rotation with established guys ahead of you at your position.

I'd like to see him drive more, too - seems that everything's a jumper these days.

I'd like to see him drive more, too - seems that everything's a jumper these days.

I'm pretty sure once when JB pulled him, maybe Holly Cross he was motioning as if to say why shoot that when you had a wide open lane. I think at this point JB would prefer it as well. He can't play timid on O but he can't be jacking the first look he gets either. Again 7/8 spot is a fine line and sometimes JB is just looking for a reason to go back to the guy he's more comfortable with.

now it would nice to see Buss get into "the zone" on the other end of the floor

That's what these team really needs. I'd settle for him hitting 33-35% of his threes, with some drives mixed in. He doesn't have to be lights out like he was both exhibition games to make an important positive contribution. We could really use that, because he can definitely bring energy / defensive hustle on the other end, as numerous posters have pointed out.

That's what these team really needs. I'd settle for him hitting 33-35% of his threes, with some drives mixed in. He doesn't have to be lights out like he was both exhibition games to make an important positive contribution. We could really use that, because he can definitely bring energy / defensive hustle on the other end, as numerous posters have pointed out.

It sure looks like JB is conducting auditions during games for that active 6th man energy scoring punch guy off the bench with Mike G, R. Patterson, T. Roberson and BJ that he's used so many times in the recent past. I think Kris Joseph was the first player he made the 6th starter that my old mind can recall. What complicates it is that it appears he's also looking for a reliable 5th as starting forward too.

It sure looks like JB is conducting auditions during games for that active 6th man energy scoring punch guy off the bench with Mike G, R. Patterson, T. Roberson and BJ that he's used so many times in the recent past. I think Kris Joseph was the first player he made the 6th starter that my old mind can recall. What complicates it is that it appears he's also looking for a reliable 5th as starting forward too.

I think it was really Joseph and Jardine. Once that season got going he would often send them in together. But that was the season it started and JB has liked to keep a scorer in reserve ever since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom