“F Syracuse” | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

“F Syracuse”

This is one of the reasons I enjoy this board. Questions get asked and I have fun looking for the answers. Apparently it comes from Macbeth.

The phrase "one fell swoop" comes from Shakespeare's Macbeth, where he compares the murder of Macbeth's wife and children to a hawk swooping down on its prey. The word "fell" in the original context meant cruel or ruthless.

The word "fell" comes from the Old French word fel, which comes from the Middle Latin word fello, meaning "villain" or "traitor".
MacDuff and his family

Fran will have this snippet in the film room on the big screen for the whole team to see (if he hasn't already)...

"What you guys think?? Y'all think that's funny?

They clearly don't respect you.

This game is an opportunity to prove they should.

In our house.

In front of our fans."

I say the same thing every first snow of the year
Winning this game tomorrow could be a snowball effect going forward.
And I trust Fran to keep the players grounded and never looking beyond the next game.

Every day you don't learn something is a day wasted.

I'll forget this in a week.
Don’t forget - only your very strongest brain cells have survived all these years.

Every day you don't learn something is a day wasted.

I'll forget this in a week.
Then you can learn it again and not waste a day if you're in a pinch!

I would LOVE our boys to make a statement this weekend. I work with two guys from GTech (one is my boss). I would love to have bragging rights. And, with all the GTech hype, I want our guys to look at this game as an opportunity to make a statement.

Well, it most clearly is an opportunity. Beat their asses, and people will notice.

I am skeptical about modern locker rooms or coaches’ offices containing bulletin boards.
exactly its a dated reference. Everyone is on social media these days and sees everything that way. No team even has a bulletin board in a locker room. Plus if you need THAT in the VIDEO as "motivation" in a game, then you lost before the game started.

I am reiterating what has been said already on the thread. How do we know this is what he said?

All we know is that he used foul language. The only reason we know that is because what he said was beeped out. We don't even know what word he used. He could have used any word

Not only was the word bleepd out, his mouth was covered digitally with that emoji thing, so there's no room to even lip read here

Again, I ask, how do we know this is what was said? If you can explain it to me, fine. At that point I will get fired up to see GT destroyed. Or was this thread created just to start flame throwing?

I am reiterating what has been said already on the thread. How do we know this is what he said?

All we know is that he used foul language. The only reason we know that is because what he said was beeped out. We don't even know what word he used. He could have used any word

Not only was the word bleepd out, his mouth was covered digitally with that emoji thing, so there's no room to even lip read here

Again, I ask, how do we know this is what was said? If you can explain it to me, fine. At that point I will get fired up to see GT destroyed. Or was this thread created just to start flame throwing?
I don't care that he said it, but what other word could elicit that reaction? It was clearly one syllable.

One of the comments on the video itself from another listener, GT fan, suggests he said "F'Em". The laughter from reporters and hand clap from the coach saying no, no, no clearly seem to back up the suggestion.

Not sure what the kid said, but frankly, the foul language and jocularity the players and coach exhibited fits nicely with the snub the coach gave HCFB. When our coach noted the the connections with Brent Key, the GT coach downplayed that connection as meaningless. I believe HCFB felt the burn
Emotions play very well on college football gridirons, especially with a home crowd cheering the team on. Overlooking us is a mistake the entire GT team may come to regret.
Being all puffed up for beating a highly overrated FSU squad at a neutral site sets them up nicely for a loss

Ready for war tomorrow. Didn't think I would have trouble sleeping but now I have butterflies. Huge nooners at the dome are what MY college football is about. See you bright and early, friends.

Correct. Bad source. Macduff is the one describing how HIS family is killed by Macbeth.
I had an English teacher in HS who made us read a lot of Shakespeare. I had a lot of trouble staying awake. When we switched to Dickens, I liked that though.

Harris was blocked by a mask. Who knows what he said, but send them back to GA with their wings broken and their stingers up their a$$es!

I say F so and so frequently. This is nothing lol. If you need something like this to get more fired up, sure, go for it... This is high level competition though.

I think this stuff matters way more to fans for some weird reason.

exactly its a dated reference. Everyone is on social media these days and sees everything that way. No team even has a bulletin board in a locker room. Plus if you need THAT in the VIDEO as "motivation" in a game, then you lost before the game started.
Bulleti
This psychological warfare could work against us too.

We just need to take care of our own business and not worry about them.

Bulletin board material is up there with most improvement between games 1 and 2 on my things that are meaningless list. Lucky for us, we get it all out of the way in one fell swoop. (and incidentally, what is a fell swoop?).

Once the ball is kicked off, everything is out the window and you just have to play football.
Cmon, dont take bulletin board literally...its just another piece used for motivation, or should I say get the team fired up at that moment when its most needed? Get your blood movin and pissed off ready to punch em in the mouth!? If you dont think the coaches and players are aware of all this you are mistaken.
Pregame speeches right before you exit the tunnel are one of the greatest things most people that never played ever see.
IT ALL COMES OUT...F GA TECH
LETS F in GO!

And thats a fact...wake up
Id guess you never played football or at least had a bad speaker before games.

Also, the most improvement is very typical between game 1 and 2. Obviously because thats the first time of the season you were able to see actual game film. Major learning experience, you learn the most then after that its all tweaks.
On 90% of our missed tackles all we needed to do is "take one more step" instead of lungeing and diving. one more step tackler is in position to hit and wrap up. Watching yourself doing that on film for the first time is invaluable.

What worries me is that is not the way they showed up in practice, as said by coach. To me that shows , as an experienced middle linebacker, they wanted no part of taking on #2. He was tough and ive been there.
Lets see how it plays out.

*One time right before a sectional championship game I played in the dome back in OMFG 1993...My coach was giving his pregame motivational speech and I saw him foaming at the mouth, shaving a baby goat with hair clippers (not a real one) screaming in relation to something opposing coach said, he was going buck wild, it was crazy wild and some players unaccostomed to that just started running around in locker room bouncing off walls not knowing what to do. Ya had to be there but anything the other team does is absolutely utilized against them...I mean why not?
BULLETIN BOARD? whee TALKING about BULLETIN Board?
LGO!

Last edited:
John Goodman in Revenge of The Nerds
You just got your asses whipped by a bunch of nerds. NERDS!!!

IMG_5778.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom