“Tattoos don’t matter to coaches” -JB | Syracusefan.com

“Tattoos don’t matter to coaches” -JB

"Tattoo matters to me."

RicardoMontalban_FantasyIsland.jpg

I remember my fathers words when I went off to college.

"If you come home with a tattoo just keep on driving"

My mother said the same thing about piercings! So on one of my trips back home from college I borrowed a couple of those magnetic ear studs from a friend. Before I went in the house I put both of them on my left ear and just walked in like normal. I still remember her stunned silence, not knowing what to say. I let her off the hook too soon, though. I should have said '...and take a look at this bitchin tattoo on my upper arm."

My mother said the same thing about piercings! So on one of my trips back home from college I borrowed a couple of those magnetic ear studs from a friend. Before I went in the house I put both of them on my left ear and just walked in like normal. I still remember her stunned silence, not knowing what to say. I let her off the hook too soon, though. I should have said '...and take a look at this bitchin tattoo on my upper arm."

Same here. I thought for about a second and a half to get a tattoo and or an earring in college and just decided it was not risking my life over.

“Tattoos don’t matter to coaches,” Boeheim said. “When we want a kid we’re not worried about any tattoos; we just want him to sign.”

I infer that the coach has never been after a kid with tats of Charles Manson, Saddam Hussein or John Thompson.

I remember my fathers words when I went off to college.

"If you come home with a tattoo just keep on driving"
My father also told me that he did not want to see me on Tv demonstrating. He only wanted to see me on TV at sporting events. A wise man.

Sorry for the thread re-vive. I must have sorted the thread somehow and did not realize it

My parents let me get my ear pierced when I was in hs, but to this day would be pissed if I got a tattoo.

LOL

words that I have told my kids. its more like "it will really hurt when I try to burn it off with a blowtorch so just dont get one and you wont have to go through all of that"

It's hard to make kids understand that what they think is a good idea at 20 may come back and bite them in the ass later in life.

I just told my kids a true story about one of my good friends who got two tattoos on his shoulders when he was about 18.

He eventually changed as a person, went to college and worked himself up into a really good management level. He was then transferred to California.

He realized pretty quickly he didn't want to have his new friends and neighbors see these works of art at pool parties, the beach, etc. So he had them surgically removed.

The way they did this was to remove crescents of skin and then pulling the edges of the skin together with sutures in a series of surgeries. He told me about them and the part I remembered best was when he told me he remembered the blood running down his arm and dripping off his elbow.

I doubt know how much of an impact it had on them, but they never did get any tattoos.

The older I get the more I like the idea of getting a tattoo. Except for the part where my wife would dismember me.

Don't have one, don't like them, never have. Its a generational thing with me - I see them and immediately think 'low-class'. I realize that's wrong especiallly these days when I think if you are in your mid 20's to mid 30's and DON't have at least one then you are in the minority.

However when I was in college there was one fraternity where all the brothers tattooed the fraternity letters on their ankles. Had my fraternity done that, no question I would've been a sheep and followed suit.

It's hard to make kids understand that what they think is a good idea at 20 may come back and bite them in the ass later in life.

I just told my kids a true story about one of my good friends who got two tattoos on his shoulders when he was about 18.

He eventually changed as a person, went to college and worked himself up into a really good management level. He was then transferred to California.

He realized pretty quickly he didn't want to have his new friends and neighbors see these works of art at pool parties, the beach, etc. So he had them surgically removed.

The way they did this was to remove crescents of skin and then pulling the edges of the skin together with sutures in a series of surgeries. He told me about them and the part I remembered best was when he told me he remembered the blood running down his arm and dripping off his elbow.

I doubt know how much of an impact it had on them, but they never did get any tattoos.

I don't know when he got them removed, but lasers make the process much easier nowadays. It's still painful and can take awhile, but it beats having your skin sliced open and sewn back together haha. Also, as others have said, practically nobody would bat an eyelash at somebody having shoulders tats now. Face tats are about the only time you'd get a crooked look lol.

I don't know when he got them removed, but lasers make the process much easier nowadays. It's still painful and can take awhile, but it beats having your skin sliced open and sewn back together haha. Also, as others have said, practically nobody would bat an eyelash at somebody having shoulders tats now. Face tats are about the only time you'd get a crooked look lol.

Depends on who is doing the looking, Brooky03.

In Europe and in Mexico, I rarely see them. But in the US there are definitely a lot of them.

I made a ton of mistakes in my youth ... almost all of them driven by alcohol or whatever. I remember them from time to time but there's no evidence of them on my body at least. Except for a deviated septum from getting punched in a bar in Korea. (The guy said "Shut Up!" and I thought he said "Stand Up!")

And don't those lasers leave the areas kind of torn up?

Depends on who is doing the looking, Brooky03.

In Europe and in Mexico, I rarely see them. But in the US there are definitely a lot of them.

I made a ton of mistakes in my youth ... almost all of them driven by alcohol or whatever. I remember them from time to time but there's no evidence of them on my body at least. Except for a deviated septum from getting punched in a bar in Korea. (The guy said "Shut Up!" and I thought he said "Stand Up!")

And don't those lasers leave the areas kind of torn up?

The lasers leave scaring, but nothing too crazy. Can't be much worse than the scars from being sliced I would imagine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo123

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom