Class of 2021 - #1 Recruit Andrew McAdory to Duke | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 #1 Recruit Andrew McAdory to Duke

Breaking: @Inside_Lacrosse No. 1 ranked junior Andrew McAdorey '21 (St. Anthony's, N.Y. / @team91lacrosse) tells me that he has committed to @DukeMLAX. More on the heralded Long Island midfielder's decision to be a Blue Devil:

According to what Xanders said in the aforementioned pod, we weren't in consideration (he thought Notre Dame was the leader if I recall correctly).

General comment not specific to any recruit but "holistic' admissions is a great leveling tool for the sport programs of the top universities and it seems to me to be used much more frequently by the Ivies and their likes. Maybe Im wrong and all these top 25 kids are just brilliant students

General comment not specific to any recruit but "holistic' admissions is a great leveling tool for the sport programs of the top universities and it seems to me to be used much more frequently by the Ivies and their likes. Maybe Im wrong and all these top 25 kids are just brilliant students

In my day (about 20 years ago give or take) a recruited athlete would get up to 300 points on their SAT. Even the NESCAC schools allow coaches to have "tips" which gets recruited athletes a bump in admissions status. They also "band" athletic recruits.

This explains it better. Athletic Admissions Details : EphBlog

Based on IL hs player rankings, CFNN is now projecting that Duke will easily sweep to the national championship in 2024.

Top talent establishes favorites but pool has expanded . Krzyzewski had three top ten picks in NBA draft and didn't even get to FF with them.

This is off topic, but since we are talking about recruits, I think SU really needs to focus on midfielders for the 2021 class. Not only do Curry, Buttermore and Lipka graduate, but the 2020 class only has two true midfielders in the class (McGuire and Lewis). The current sophomores on the team look promising in Magnan, Kim twins and Fiorini, but they'll be seniors by then.

Not saying we should live and die by the IL top 100, but it would be encouraging to get a few kids from the list. There are still a number of middies uncommitted (including a Culver kid, but his brother went to Notre Dame so not sure if that will work). Seems like SU would have a lot of playing time to offer with three spots up for grabs. Hopefully they are reminding recruits of that fact when they are out on the trail.

This is off topic, but since we are talking about recruits, I think SU really needs to focus on midfielders for the 2021 class. Not only do Curry, Buttermore and Lipka graduate, but the 2020 class only has two true midfielders in the class (McGuire and Lewis). The current sophomores on the team look promising in Magnan, Kim twins and Fiorini, but they'll be seniors by then.

Not saying we should live and die by the IL top 100, but it would be encouraging to get a few kids from the list. There are still a number of middies uncommitted (including a Culver kid, but his brother went to Notre Dame so not sure if that will work). Seems like SU would have a lot of playing time to offer with three spots up for grabs. Hopefully they are reminding recruits of that fact when they are out on the trail.

Good points. Keep in mind that the middies in this current class like Rosa, JJ, Woody, Aviles etc will likely RS and assuming they all stay with the program will be well suited to step into the 1st two lines by 2021 as just about everyone in the first two lines currently will be gone by then. I also wouldn't be surprised if a few guys from the 2020 class get moved to midfield as it seems Birtwistle and Hiltz will definitely be staying at attack.

Sophs are big kids with talent, JJ lightning quick, Aviles athletic and Rosa better than thought but enjoy these current mids for the next few years. Gonna be hard act to restock and follow

Thanks IT and Jeremey, I had not considered this year's freshmen being redshirted. Maybe that is why they did not pick up a big group of midfielders for the 2020 class? Either way, still would like to see the 2021 class pick up some steam.

Thanks IT and Jeremey, I had not considered this year's freshmen being redshirted. Maybe that is why they did not pick up a big group of midfielders for the 2020 class? Either way, still would like to see the 2021 class pick up some steam.

Agree on 2021, we really need to pick it up from an offensive perspective. Again though March is still new on the scene so we need to give him some time to work the 2021 class. Losing Todaro definitely hurt but the other commits so far look pretty good though the Attackmen seems more like a project but thats just me analyzing from a far. Also kids can't sign until a year from now so there is plenty of time for some 2021 kids to change their minds if SU likes a couple of kids already committed. All that said we definitely need to get a few offensive players in the fold for 2021, though getting Hiltz makes the small start a little more bearable and I have confidence that SU especially March will get out there and pound the pavement.

There are going to be some of these kids who don't play because they're buried behind other 5 stars. That's the problem with stellar classes. If they don't see PT, they'll look elsewhere.

Oh well we beat duke every year now anyways. This will just make that win more quality. 34 and 12 as a junior gets you to number 10? Maybe they see him as a ssdm candidate or Conrad/McClancy type.

It looks like much of IL's top 25 is committed.
The 3 Shoreham Wading River recruits remain:
#11 Tyler Schwarz (LSM)
#13 Johnny Schwarz (M)
#17 Jake Wilson (D)
From NC
#24 Will Shipley (M)

What an amazing coincidence that all of these 5 stars are also 5 star academic, IVY league scholars ..hmm

Bit of a surprise as his brother plays for Notre Dame.

Boyer's brother also plays for Notre Dame. Gray was the player I was thinking that SU might be able to get given March's links to Culver. Oh well, still a lot of good players out there. Xander's lists tend to to fluctuate from year to year, and obviously he will miss a good number of players. Don't think any panic should set in.

It looks like much of IL's top 25 is committed.
The 3 Shoreham Wading River recruits remain:
#11 Tyler Schwarz (LSM)
#13 Johnny Schwarz (M)
#17 Jake Wilson (D)
From NC
#24 Will Shipley (M)
Shipley isn’t an option as football is his first love. He has offers from just about every SEC, ACC, & BIG 10 school.

Shipley isn’t an option as football is his first love. He has offers from just about every SEC, ACC, & BIG 10 school.

Speaking of the Shoreham kids, Xavier Arline is also supposed to be leaning football, or both, and apparently that is not an option for him an UNC. It is expected that he will not be signing in November.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom