10 programs on the rise/10 on the decline | Syracusefan.com

10 programs on the rise/10 on the decline

I don't pay for the Athletic. Who are the programs in each category?

As far as Illinois goes, if you want to be like them, you have to play their game. Underwood and Antigua's reputation follows them everywhere they go. Oklahoma State is on probation because his actions while there. He also did the same at Stephen F. Austin. The bill will be due in Champaign in no time.

I don't pay for the Athletic. Who are the programs in each category?

As far as Illinois goes, if you want to be like them, you have to play their game. Underwood and Antigua's reputation follows them everywhere they go. Oklahoma State is on probation because his actions while there. He also did the same at Stephen F. Austin. The bill will be due in Champaign in no time.
on the rise:

Alabama
Arkansas
FSU
Grand Canyon
Illinois
Iona
Michigan
OK State
Texas Tech
UConn (Gulp)

On the decline

Arizona
Duke
Georgetown
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
LSU
New Mexico
Notre Dame
Syracuse

on the rise:

Alabama
Arkansas
FSU
Grand Canyon
Illinois
Iona
Michigan
OK State
Texas Tech
UConn (Gulp)

On the decline

Arizona
Duke
Georgetown
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
LSU
New Mexico
Notre Dame
Syracuse
If they were a mutual fund, I would buy the programs on the decline fund before I would buy the programs on the rise fund. let's see what programs do what over the next 5 years.

on the rise:

Alabama
Arkansas
FSU
Grand Canyon
Illinois
Iona
Michigan
OK State
Texas Tech
UConn (Gulp)

On the decline

Arizona
Duke
Georgetown
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
LSU
New Mexico
Notre Dame
Syracuse
Grand Canyon lol, there is a landmark joke in there somewhere.

on the rise:

Alabama
Arkansas
FSU
Grand Canyon
Illinois
Iona
Michigan
OK State
Texas Tech
UConn (Gulp)

On the decline

Arizona
Duke
Georgetown
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
LSU
New Mexico
Notre Dame
Syracuse

Alabama is all Nate Oats. So they are buying Oats.

Arkansas is a good program that Eric Musselman is turning around. Musselman built Nevada on transfers.

Florida State is picking up the ACC power vacuum but their HC is 71. Let’s see if the successor to Hamilton is good.

Grand Canyon is a for profit school that Bryce Drew will leave as soon as he gets a bigger offer.

Illinois has a Brad Underwood. This job is good because of its access to Chicago recruits. He will keep them good as long he keeps recruiting.

Iona has always been a good MAAC school it’s all it be whether with Pitino or whenever.

Michigan is a great school and Juwan Howard is killing it.

OK State hired Cunningham’s brother and got Cade. Boynton is a smart coach and this helped but let’s see them without Cade.

Texas Tech is all Chris Beard. When he leaves they go back.

UConn is going to be the fish that challenges Villanova in the small pond.

Basically that list is which coaches does the writer believe in and which coaches doesn’t he.

If they were a mutual fund, I would buy the programs on the decline fund before I would buy the programs on the rise fund. let's see what programs do what over the next 5 years.

Agreed - buying a blue chip on a dip, is a much wiser strategy than throwing $ at a speculative STONK, hoping that maybe it eventually becomes a blue chip years down the road.

Many of those top 10 "on the rise" programs are like Pets.com.
It sounds like it should do well, right?

Oh give me a break on UConn. Let’s see how they are next season when Bouknight is gone.

Iona has been winning the MAAC just about every year for a decade I’m not sure how they’re on the rise lol

Oh give me a break on UConn. Let’s see how they are next season when Bouknight is gone.

Iona has been winning the MAAC just about every year for a decade I’m not sure how they’re on the rise lol
I agree, they hit the lottery with Bouk. They have some decent players. Now, it comes down to Hurley. I don’t think he is a good coach. And his behavior makes me want to puke. But, what the hell do I know?

I was going to say the same thing. They all have long term success.

Might not be a good buy. I'd assume in 5 years that AT LEAST 7 of the 10 on the decline list will undergo a coaching change.

To be on the decline, have to have been an excellent program overall vs a not so great program now with nowhere to go but up. Different perspective. The good programs will rise again including the Cuse.

Yeah - thinking that programs like UK, Duke, KU, Cuse, etc. will not rebound from an off year, is kinda stupid and short sighted.

Also - why isn't Sparty in that "decline" list too then?

Indiana and Georgetown have been not great for numerous years now.

Might not be a good buy. I'd assume in 5 years that AT LEAST 7 of the 10 on the decline list will undergo a coaching change.

That was the most common reason Davis put them on that list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom