14 games left. I think we win 10 | Syracusefan.com

14 games left. I think we win 10

Cuseball

Starter
A nice 10-4 finish puts us at 18-13. Even with that you would need to win the ACC tournament to get in unless two of those wins are against Duke.

Home games against Clemson, BC, Duke, Louisville, Wake, Georgia Tech, Miami

Road games: at BC, at Pitt, at NC State, at Va Tech,, at Duke at ND, at UNC

Regardless I will watch to the bitter end!

Cuse!

I count the 2 Duke games as losses so that means you have us going 10-2 the rest of the way. I mean I hope that happens but nothing I have seen this year makes me believe that is even remotely possible.

A nice 10-4 finish puts us at 18-13. Even with that you would need to win the ACC tournament to get in unless two of those wins are against Duke.

Home games against Clemson, BC, Duke, Louisville, Wake, Georgia Tech, Miami

Road games: at BC, at Pitt, at NC State, at Va Tech,, at Duke at ND, at UNC

Regardless I will watch to the bitter end!

Cuse!
I’m going to watch until they end to but what adjustments can we make that makes you think we can finish 10-4? If I posted they’ll go 14-0 or 0-14 and I’d put something behind my prediction. What adjustments do you think we make to go 10-4? This team has one win in its last five games and the first half against Pitt scares me enough not to put a W against them, what do you see that I don’t?

I count the 2 Duke games as losses so that means you have us going 10-2 the rest of the way. I mean I hope that happens but nothing I have seen this year makes me believe that is even remotely possible.
We’ve lost several coin flip games. The way some of you talk about our flaws, you’d think every loss was a blowout.

Here’s the thing: Every team not named Duke on the schedule has as many flaws as we do. Our fortunes can change.

10-4 lol not a chance, I wish we had that potential but thats just not a reality with this team. I appreciate all the effort the kids give game in and game out but they just are not able to win games at that level. A .500 season would be a huge success, huge.

The team has lost 9 games. 7 of the losses were to teams that I believe make the tourney. Auburn, Wake, Miami, FSU, Nova, VCU and Colgate. The other 2 were to Gtown and UVA who I don't think make the big dance.

I really like our players, I really do. They're very likeable young men. I just don't like the construction of our team, minutes allocated to certain players, point guard play, and our defense. While I hope as hell we win 10 more, I just don't see how in the world we can get there.

Symir is really becoming an X factor. He has become much more confident and his all around game has improved significantly. If they can run some plays for him off the pick when the lane is clear, he could score some points. Maybe let him shoot from 3 a few times and if he could get .33 of them to drop, that would be a game changer and season changer for the team.

There’s zero chance going 10-4. There’s a better chance going 4-10. I’m not sure there’s even four wins out there. We will only be favored against BC twice and maybe GT at home.
Most of the games they play the rest of the year are against teams who are taking bad beatings against other similar teams. Syracuse is losing nail biters against the top league teams.

I'm going to say 7 and 7.
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Symir is really becoming an X factor. He has become much more confident and his all around game has improved significantly. If they can run some plays for him off the pick when the lane is clear, he could score some points. Maybe let him shoot from 3 a few times and if he could get .33 of them to drop, that would be a game changer and season changer for the team.
I literally don’t care if he shoots another three the rest of the season. I’ll take his active defense, pushing the pace, and looking for an open man all year long. points on top of that is the cherry

FSU is loaded with talent and is the hottest team in the league. Did you think it was going to be an easy sweep of them? Wake is also a top tier team, have to beat them at home and get the season split.

When we sit at 4 games under .500 some of you will be claiming the ACC is the best it's been in a decade.

We’ve lost several coin flip games. The way some of you talk about our flaws, you’d think every loss was a blowout.

Here’s the thing: Every team not named Duke on the schedule has as many flaws as we do. Our fortunes can change.

So 0-2 against Duke and then split the other twelve. 6-8 then for you?

I think that’s a fair guess.

We were favorred yesterday. Yes, I expected to sweep them.

You just say stuff. It’s amazing. Its why I don’t know if you believe this stuff or you are so bored you want the reactions.
I don't care if they're favored or not that's vegas crap. Leonard recruits huge down there and his young team is on a roll.

My ACC top 5: Duke, UNC, FSU, Miami Wake. Name yours.

FYI your top 5 matters none. The conference is awful. If you want to excuse a loss to an unranked team because they are top 5 in the conference- you are only further proving my point.

What part of being 8-9 and under .500 with a handful of bad losses already don't you understand? What part of being 223 in adjD (worst ever for a cuse team on Ken Pom that i can recall) don't you get?
We aren't a good basketball team.

FYI your top 5 matters none. The conference is awful. If you want to excuse a loss to an unranked team because they are top 5 in the conference- you are only further proving my point.

What part of being 8-9 and under .500 with a handful of bad losses already don't you understand? What part of being 223 in adjD (worst ever for a cuse team on Ken Pom that i can recall) don't you get?
We aren't a good basketball team.
That is the conference we playin, those are the teams we have to defeat.

Back to the question at hand. I'm going with 6-8 to finish the year with a final record at 14-17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom