15% of Clemson players tested test positive for PED's | Syracusefan.com

15% of Clemson players tested test positive for PED's

Ostarine? Pretty mild stuff. It's a SARM. Mainly used for quicker healing from injuries. I'd worry more about players using Cannabis to get hopped up and crazy on game day.
E1CE0DD7-BE14-4892-9DCE-8CD3F26013E8.gif

You mean cocaine? Weed doesn’t hop you up and make you go crazy. It’s the opposite actually.
It's classified as a PED. Absurd but true.

According to the United States Anti-Doping Agency, which follows WADA’s rules, cannabis can cause muscle relaxation and reduce pain after workouts while also decreasing anxiety and tension, “resulting in better sport performance under pressure.” WADA and the USADA also say that pot increases focus and risk-taking behaviors, “allowing athletes to forget bad falls or previous trauma in sport, and push themselves past those fears in competition.” However, the organizations also cite “health risks,” and note that pot’s illegal status in most states and countries “does not exhibit the ethics and moral judgment that upholds the spirit of sport.”

Last edited:
It's crazy that Osterine is on the banned list. You still have to follow the rules, but insane it's even listed.

According to the United States Anti-Doping Agency, which follows WADA’s rules, cannabis can cause muscle relaxation and reduce pain after workouts while also decreasing anxiety and tension, “resulting in better sport performance under pressure.” WADA and the USADA also say that pot increases focus and risk-taking behaviors, “allowing athletes to forget bad falls or previous trauma in sport, and push themselves past those fears in competition.” However, the organizations also cite “health risks,” and note that pot’s illegal status in most states and countries “does not exhibit the ethics and moral judgment that upholds the spirit of sport.”

Maaaan, I thought you were kidding

But haven't the WADA guidelines for performance enhancement been increased tenfold from 15 to now 150 nanograms per milliliter of urine? That's an awful lot of pot smoking in the immediate time prior to the testing. And the supposed purpose for the increase was to distinguish those athletes who did it on the day of the event versus those who may have smoked pot days or even weeks prior to the competition. That's what I remember reading anyway. But since marijuana may impact memory, that may be incorrect. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

More absurdity from the establishments regarding weed. I swear these right wingers don't really look at science.

I love RadaKovich’s statement - nothing to see here, and, we’re gonna keep workin at it! Better everyday!

This ends up being a whole lotta nothing. The golden boys will not be touched, even by the SEC’s deep rooted muckrakers.

I love RadaKovich’s statement - nothing to see here, and, we’re gonna keep workin at it! Better everyday!

This ends up being a whole lotta nothing. The golden boys will not be touched, even by the SEC’s deep rooted muckrakers.
I don't think anyone in the SEC wants anyone else to start digging into what supplements are used in high level football.

More absurdity from the establishments regarding weed. I swear these right wingers don't really look at science.
Not sure what “Right Wingers” has to do with anything here. I don’t think this is a political
Issue. Though in reality, the Left is the Establishment at this point.

The World Anti Doping Agency has these rules. The NCAA just adopts them.

Well to that I'd say, there's textbook and then there's the real world or application. Dudes aren't smoking pot to get any advantage, unless it's for when they drop a wide open pass for no apparent reason, etc. and when they get rushed off to the sidelines and chewed out by the coach, the dude just smiles and laughs at him replying; "right on coach!" ;):)

How often are teams tested for PEDs? I'm surprised we don't hear about this type of thing more often, which leads me to believe there isn't regimented testing in college fball.

you almost need to save a sample of all the stuff the kids buy everytime in case something happens and have a sample to turn in and be tested to see if it was tainted? would that even help?