183.7 QBR | Syracusefan.com

183.7 QBR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine what it would be if he had more time to throw?

I was happiest with the long throw to trishton where he avoided pressure and stepped up in the pocket vs going to his side. He took a big hit but delivered a perfect ball.

My second favorite was the throw in the first half on a wide receiver screen. Defense blew the play up and he looked at wide out twice. But he didn’t force it and threw it out of bounds.
He got bailed out on the dropped INT in second half. Presume he never saw the linebacker/safety or something else confused him because he basically threw it right to him.

Great game. He had a little bit more time to throw it and spread the field. It also helped that they listened to us on the board and immediately ran him on a RPO. He used his legs and continued going to the tight ends and over the middle more.

77% completion rate today. On the season he's thrown for 965 yards with 7 TDs and 4 INTs.

He played well.. nothing spectacular. He did what you'd expect against a MAC team with a supposedly terrible defense. I'm rooting for him to put it all together. Let the dislikes and angry responses commence

He played well.. nothing spectacular. He did what you'd expect against a MAC team with a supposedly terrible defense. I'm rooting for him to put it all together. Let the dislikes and angry responses commence
he is in his fourth start, and we are seeing throws and runs that we haven't seen from a Syracuse QB since mcnabb

I was happiest with the long throw to trishton where he avoided pressure and stepped up in the pocket vs going to his side. He took a big hit but delivered a perfect ball.

My second favorite was the throw in the first half on a wide receiver screen. Defense blew the play up and he looked at wide out twice. But he didn’t force it and threw it out of bounds.
He got bailed out on the dropped INT in second half. Presume he never saw the linebacker/safety or something else confused him because he basically threw it right to him.

Great game. He had a little bit more time to throw it and spread the field. It also helped that they listened to us on the board and immediately ran him on a RPO. He used his legs and continued going to the tight ends and over the middle more.
That dropped INT you reference was Riley running the wrong route. Coach Babers gave him an earful when he came out and tapped DeVito on the head. That was all on Riley.

Let's be fair, Tommie played a heck of a game today - both throwing and running. Sounds like he was challenged by the coaches to lead the offense and he responded. You can only play who they put in front of you and Tommy played a very good game, we've list to MAC teams in the past - put up over 50 points today. Some folks need to give credit when it is due.

Let's be fair, Tommie played a heck of a game today - both throwing and running. Sounds like he was challenged by the coaches to lead the offense and he responded. You can only play who they put in front of you and Tommy played a very good game, we've list to MAC teams in the past - put up over 50 points today. Some folks need to give credit when it is due.
I agree he beat the team in front of him. I'm not gonna claim he's made it or put it all together because he beat a MAC team that the numbers have said has a terrible defense. Keep it up and I'm sold

That’s over the top.
i'm too tired to look it up but I don't think dungey had a touchdown run over 20 yards or so and he didn't have a long run of 50+, both of which tommy had today. I also think that the throwing from tommy right now is as good as nassib as a senior. he is just a better player

TD looked good and mature today out there. Stepped up in the pocket multiple times and trusted what himself and what he saw. Thought it was a HUGE step forward. Hope to see this continue to improve this season.

We lose and Tommy sucks. We win and he’s Mcnabb. Tommy will have ups and downs, but this board is hilarious. Excited to see TD develop.
no, tommy was great today win or lose

Didn’t say he wasn’t. I am simply pointing out how the board is bipolar about their optimism.
I'm still "negative." Actually not convinced yet... but that's blasphemy. Any objective viewer would say Syracuse hasn't looked good

You expect +350 yarfs and 5 TDs accounted for playing against a MAC team with a supposedly terrible defense?

You grade on quite the curve.

I'm still "negative." Actually not convinced yet... but that's blasphemy. Any objective viewer would say Syracuse hasn't looked good
You just made my point. Today I’ve seen posts comparing TD to Mcnabb. The last two weeks it was “let’s see the backup” and “I’m not sure he’s the guy.” I’m bullish on TD, I think he will be a great one.

You expect +350 yarfs and 5 TDs accounted for playing against a MAC team with a supposedly terrible defense?

You grade on quite the curve.
I expect a good performance. I expect a better performance against Liberty. I expect a team ranked in the pre season not to lose by 43 to a Maryland team that has shown not to be very good. I expect Devito not to throw it to the wrong team once a game. Western Mich is supposedly one of the worst Defenses in college football... so yes i do expect a lot of yards and touchdowns when you play on a team with vastly superior talent

You just made my point. Today I’ve seen posts comparing TD to Mcnabb. The last two weeks it was “let’s see the backup” and “I’m not sure he’s the guy.” I’m bullish on TD, I think he will be a great one.
I was agreeing with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors