1978 - 2011. 33 years. 2 accusers (step-brothers). Bernie is innocent. | Syracusefan.com

1978 - 2011. 33 years. 2 accusers (step-brothers). Bernie is innocent.

Cuse_1999

2nd String
Bernie has had extensive access to kids through camps etc...for 33 years since accuser #2 says he got molested. 33 years! And in that time they've come up with 2 brothers and an ex girlfriend who had a strange feeling. Come on. This is pathetic. Not one person who isn't connected to accuser #1.

Generally accepted that pedos don't stop on their own. There should be victims coming out of the woodwork if this was true.

Well, to make anything go forward they need someone else to step up and claim abuse too. If that doesn't happen, this goes away, but it will take a LONG time.

The thing I find difficult to grasp is this: How does someone allegedly abuse someone "thousands" of times without being caught? Never caught in the act? Ever? Just seems incomprehensible.

The thing I find difficult to grasp is this: How does someone allegedly abuse someone "thousands" of times without being caught? Never caught in the act? Ever? Just seems incomprehensible.

Agreed - if you are doing anything that much you would get very comfortable with it and slip up at some point especially with that many people around you all the time

Well, to make anything go forward they need someone else to step up and claim abuse too. If that doesn't happen, this goes away, but it will take a LONG time.

Basically what Rony Seikaly and Tim Welsh said. Both were with Fine alot during the time of the allegations.

Accuser says he was abused every day and that there are many others that were hurt during this time. Christ, where did BF fine the time and energy?

Accuser says he was abused every day and that there are many others that were hurt during this time. Christ, where did BF fine the time and energy?

And sell Life Insurance too.

I think we're all forgetting one very important thing.

Bernie Fine is the King of Syracuse. He can get away with whatever he wants. Didn't you know this?

Bernie has had extensive access to kids through camps etc...for 33 years since accuser #2 says he got molested. 33 years! And in that time they've come up with 2 brothers and an ex girlfriend who had a strange feeling. Come on. This is pathetic. Not one person who isn't connected to accuser #1.

Generally accepted that pedos don't stop on their own. There should be victims coming out of the woodwork if this was true.

Molested until he was 27!!! Hey when you get to be 18 it is consensual, unless you have been kidnapped.

i think a dip wad got caught up in a lie and now 2 more dip wads want some tv time-

i hope for bernies sake thats what it is-and he sues espn till he owns them

If Bernie abused him 1000 times that's like 3 straight years of abuse... They must have been inseparable... If that was the case someone would have been asking questions... Makes no sense to me

If Bernie abused him 1000 times that's like 3 straight years of abuse... They must have been inseparable... If that was the case someone would have been asking questions... Makes no sense to me
Agreed. Heck, in high school I could barely sneak upstairs for 20 minutes for "private time"... Imagine all the people around the basketball facilities, road trips, in Bernie's house... you're telling me he did this thousands of times in public places and nobody saw or got suspicious once? Give me a break

20 minutes? you wern't trying hard enough... just look over to your left
52-lol-wut.jpg

I don't know Bernie Fine. I did know three guys who had family troubles when they were young. I know all three were allowed to stay in Bernie's house until they got things straightened out. All had always said Bernie was a great guy and really did a lot for them. Like I said...I don't know Bernie but I know 3 who did. And I bet there are a ton more out there who Bernie helped. The P-S needs to do a story of interviews with many of these guys...they are not hard to find. The fact is, there are some people who genuinely like to help kids. That puts them in close proximity to kids. All these news stories say how pedophiles like to put themselves in positions of proximity to kids... but so do people who genuinely like to help kids.

That's the thing that sucks about this, xc. None of those stories, which seem to, at least on some level, support Bernie's innocence will never see the light of day in the media. It goes back to the whole "if it bleeds, it leads" adage. Only potential bad news will be reported, while anything that supports an accused person is ignored.

I don't know Bernie Fine. I did know three guys who had family troubles when they were young. I know all three were allowed to stay in Bernie's house until they got things straightened out. All had always said Bernie was a great guy and really did a lot for them. Like I said...I don't know Bernie but I know 3 who did. And I bet there are a ton more out there who Bernie helped. The P-S needs to do a story of interviews with many of these guys...they are not hard to find. The fact is, there are some people who genuinely like to help kids. That puts them in close proximity to kids. All these news stories say how pedophiles like to put themselves in positions of proximity to kids... but so do people who genuinely like to help kids.

That's one of the unintended consquences of stories like this. There are going to be fewer good people willing to put themselves out to help kids in need in the future.

That's one of the unintended consquences of stories like this. There are going to be fewer good people willing to put themselves out to help kids in need in the future.
Yea, the next time boy scouts come by selling whatever, I'm not getting the door

Those people need to reach out to the PS... Even if it takes a little prodding from their friend... Hint, Hint.

There's no doubt in my mind that the PS would run with a story such as the one you suggest.

Make it happen.

One thing I wonder- all I hear about is masterbation. Would a pedophile stop there or would he inevitably go on to what jerry Sandusky is accused of doing? Would a thousand instances of masterbation but nothing beyond that make sense?

Good point SWC. If at 27 all he gets is a hand on one body part then that makes me wonder some.

Good point SWC. If at 27 all he gets is a hand on one body part then that makes me wonder some.
I was thinking the same thing. Davis can't even make up a good story.

One thing I wonder- all I hear about is masterbation. Would a pedophile stop there or would he inevitably go on to what jerry Sandusky is accused of doing? Would a thousand instances of masterbation but nothing beyond that make sense?

I found that curious as well. Obviously it's all speculation right now, but my understanding of the mind of someone who is disturbed to the point of abusing children is that a) they have a type, and their victims often grow out of being their type and b) they tend to get progressively more aggressive. This isn't the case in Davis' story. That's not proof of anything, just curious.

I agree this is does seem odd. If this were the case, then after thousands of instances with this Davis, Bernie would have the most defined wrists and forearms of anyone on the Syracuse bench!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom