1998-1999 Duke Rape Allegation | Syracusefan.com

1998-1999 Duke Rape Allegation

GFTakedown

2nd String
Duke Rape Allegation

Could this rape allegation affect the current team?
Coach K has already come out and stated he didn't know about this at all.

Problem could be that 2 assistant coaches, Nate James and Chris Carawell, were on that team also. No name has been released yet but could cause some issues for Duke's image.

Duke Rape Allegation

Problem could be that 2 assistant coaches, Nate James and Chris Carawell, were on that team also. No name has been released yet but could cause some issues for Duke's image.
1) First thoughts is why is the Lt Gov being named by name but why isn't the Duke player.
2) 2nd thought is what kind of evidence does this woman have in both instances. I think Fairfax could be in big trouble but is she pursuing the Duke player also. That article leaves a lot of questions unanswered. Sounds like a job for Mark Schwartz to ruin a few more lives.

1) First thoughts is why is the Lt Gov being named by name but why isn't the Duke player.
2) 2nd thought is what kind of evidence does this woman have in both instances. I think Fairfax could be in big trouble but is she pursuing the Duke player also. That article leaves a lot of questions unanswered. Sounds like a job for Mark Schwartz to ruin a few more lives.

Well I think Fairfax is callingnfor an investigation so we’ll know soon enough.

I’m not gonna lie...I didn’t want to throw a name out because really that’s super unfair. But he’s the first name I thought of too. Maybe just because he always seemed like an ahole.

I didn’t feel bad about putting his name out there for precisely that reason.

Chris Burgess and Taymon Domzalski...lol! Coach K was just the worst at developing highly touted bigs. Those guys came in with hype. Burgess was supposed to be the new Laettner.

Elton was phenomenal from the time he showed up, so I’m not giving K credit. No idea why he want there. Can’t imagine that he fit in socially at all based on the email he got when he went pro early and his famous reply to it. He should’ve went to Cuse or St. John’s.

Duke Rape Allegation

Unluckiest woman in the world, or totally making stuff up. Stay tuned

Chris Burgess and Taymon Domzalski...lol! Coach K was just the worst at developing highly touted bigs. Those guys came in with hype. Burgess was supposed to be the new Laettner.

Elton was phenomenal from the time he showed up, so I’m not giving K credit. No idea why he want there. Can’t imagine that he fit in socially at all based on the email he got when he went pro early and his famous reply to it. He should’ve went to Cuse or St. John’s.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadsp...-wrote-this-very-bad-letter-to-1696196818/amp

Such a shame. If only Brand had stayed at Duke four years, he would have had a Duke degree to fall back on.

LOL. Instead he was an all star player who made insane money(and thankfully got paid a lot before having one of the worst sports injuries you can possibly have...imagine if he came back and blew his Achilles in 2000? He’d be Greg Newton?), and is now pulling the strings for one of the best teams in the NBA?

If the rape happened in 99, why couldn’t it be the 99-00 team?

I rooted like crazy for duke.

LOL. I found Duke so disgustingly unlikable back then, and still considered UConn our little brother since they had literally never did anything in the NCAA’s to that point, despite having 2-3 excellent teams in the 90’s(94-96, I think?).Plus we smacked them on their own court by 20 that year and we weren’t even that good.

I wasn’t mad at that one or 2004 - when they were legit the best team(plus, we beat them). They probably were the best team in 2006 too - which gave GMac the best platform ever to beat them in the BET, and provided the great George Mason chokejob.

2011 was just some bullspit. They sucked.

And I still don’t know what happened in 2014? Don’t think I even watched? Pretty sure we’ve had about 25 teams better than those two teams though.

I’m rambling...they had a really great program from 1994-2006, and I wasn’t mad at them in ‘99, and I’m bewildered how they won two this decade because they sucked? Premature gifts from basketball God for their present-future place in eternal AAC South Florida rivalry hell?

Last edited: